Students: Handshake FAQs
Handshake: Access and Login
Who uses Handshake?
- Currently Registered CCA Students
- CCA Alumni
How do I access Handshake?
- Visit the Handshake login page
- Log-in using your CCA SSO log-in information
My class year is incorrect. How do I change it?
On your profile page, click on the pencil icon next to the “School Year” field, and make your selection from the drop-down menu.
How do I add my GPA(s) to my profile?
To add your departmental and cumulative GPAs to your profile, click on the pencil icon next to "Primary Education" (top right on your profile screen) and enter your GPA. Be sure to scroll down and click "save" before leaving the page. It may take a few minutes for your GPA(s) to show on your profile.
Can I save a search and have new results emailed to me? YES
- Go to the job posting module
- Select criteria
- Click the "+" button next to "Saved Searches"
- Name your saved search
- Once saved, you can search for the title under "Saved Searches"
- Please consult this visual tutorial for additional help
- Results cannot be emailed to you. Check Handshake regularly to refresh your saved searches.
How do I upload my transcript? Portfolio or work sample?
- Click "Apply Now"
- Select "Document Type" under the "Upload a Document" heading
- Select the "Document Type" from the drop-down menu
- Refer to this visual tutorial for additional help
PORTFOLIOS or WORK SAMPLES:
- PDFs can be added to your account following the same steps as uploading a transcript. You will need to mark these as an "Other Document."
- Websites and online portfolios can be added in the "Social Links" section.