Furniture Studio: Bench Room
Traditional woodworking studio for the craft-person
Open with Building Hours:
Saturday & Sunday 8am-10pm
* Not available for general use when classes are in session.
Students may access the Furniture Studio if enrolled in the Furniture Program or currently taking a Furniture class.
Due to academic program needs and the large volume of students that this space supports, CCA Shops are not available to alumni at this time.
Covid Informational Links:
About the Furniture Studio: Bench Room
The Bench Room is a traditional wood-working studio for hand-shaping, steam-bending, vacuum-bagging, etc. The Bench Room serves as the home room for CCA's furniture program, and is a primary space for wood working, furniture design and fabrication at CCA.
Specializing in These Materials
Tools and Equipment
- 15 Chisels
- 15 Files
- 15 Scrapers
- 15 Saws
- 15 Planes
- 15 Measuring and marking gauges
- Storage racks for works-in-progress
- Sets of clamps (various sizes)
- Power tools (hand drills, plunge routers, nail-and-staple guns, biscuit jointer, electric hand planes, trim router,
- Juki sewing machines for upholstery
- Vacuum bag for custom plywood and bent laminations
- Steam-bending facilities