Making with innovative technology
As of Monday 3/20/2020, CCA Campuses will be accessible ONLY TO RETRIEVE PERSONAL AND WORK ITEMS.
Students, Faculty, and Staff may access the campuses during the following times:
SF Campus: Tuesday and Thursdays 11a-1p
Oakland Campus: Monday and Wednesdays 11a-1p
When you arrive at campus contact Public Safety:
SF patrol: 415-726-2061, Oakland patrol: 510-385-1821
Public Safety will meet you, check your ID, have you sign in, provide necessary access, and wait until you leave to secure the building.
For the safety and security of all, PLEASE BRING YOUR CCA ID TO SHOW THE PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER!
Checkouts extended until the end of the semester. Returns can be made with Public Safety
Main Building Rm. 107
CCA Shops and Studios remain closed and inaccessible for project work until further notice.
Please contact the Studio Manager with any concerns. Sign up at this LINK to ZOOM with the Studio Manager for tutoring in Unity, Arduino, and P5/Processing.
The California Department of Public Health has extended the statewide stay at home order through May 3. Do not leave home except for essential activities.
- CCA has developed a Portal Page link concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates available here.
- CCA has suspended in-person instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. All classes will be taught remotely beginning Monday, March 30, following spring break.
Workplace Guidelines for CCA employees are available here.
About the Hybrid Lab
CCA's Hybrid Lab is a shared interdisciplinary space for making with innovative technology that is built around the principles of being open, fast, and inspiring. Students have access to sensors, motors, and other digital fabrication materials.
- Reserve 3D Printer via Hybrid Lab Webcheckout Patron Portal
- GIT HUB LINK
- Check-Out Items
- P5 Introduction
- Vibration and DC Motor Workshop
- Pseudocode Workshop
- Soldering and LED's
- Intro to Schematics and Electronic Components
- Intro to Unity : Materials and Video Textures
- How to add Adafruit Boards
- Othermill Instruction Video
- Using the SoundBoard Workshop Slides
- Leap Motion Workshop Slides
- Matrix & Bar Display Workshop Slides
- MKR1000 Data to Google Sheets
- Connecting Microcontroller to HTML Page
- Integrating Processing with Arduino Workshop Slides
- Distance and Motion Sensor Workshop
- Capacitive Touch Workshop Slides
- Basics of Programming in Python 2 Workshop Slides
- Basics of Programming in Python 1 Workshop Slides
- Servo Workshop Slides
- Neo Pixel Workshop Slides
- UNTZtrument: a Trellis MIDI Instrument
- NeoPix Arcade Kit
- Hack: N3rfgun