Laser Cutting and Engraving
Upon completion of the appropriate orientation, the Laser Cutters are available for use to all currently enrolled CCA students, faculty and staff.
You must first complete the Laser Cutter orientation in order to make appointments. Once authorized, you can make appointments and view the schedule using RoomClock.
Each student is allotted 56 one-hour sessions each year -- each of which can be reserved up to a week in advance. No more than two one-hour shifts per person per week.
If you cannot attend your reservation, remove yourself from the schedule 24 hours ahead of time so others have access to that shift. Repeated "no shows" without cancellation will result in loss of access.
Please be on time. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will loose your reservation. Repeated "tardiness" without cancelation will result in loss of access.
About the Laser Cutter
With the CCA Laser Cutters, you are able to etch and cut through a wide variety of material. The Laser Cutters/Engravers are primarily 2 Dimensional cutting/etching tools, but cqn be used to make 3 Dimensional projects.
Specializing in These Materials
Tools and Equipment
- Laser Cutter 1, Universal, Bed Size: 18"x 32". This machine is a 75 watt laser and can cut through .25" of material.
- Laser Cutter 2, Universal, Bed Size: 18"x 24". This machine is a 60 watt laser and can cut through .25" of material
- Laser Cutter 3, Universal, Bed Size: 24"x 48". This machine is a 125 watt laser and can cut through .5" of material
- Laser Cutter 4, Lasercam, Bed Size: 24" x 48" This machine is a 100 watt laser and can cut through .5" of material. This machine can only complete vector based operations (no Raster)
- Laser Cutter 5, Universal, Bed Size: 24"x 48". This machine is a 125 watt laser and can cut through .5" of material