Need Help?

Skip to Content

CCA Portal


Substance Abuse Resources

Last updated on Feb 22, 2024

Resources & Referrals


While it is an individual’s responsibility to seek assistance or intervention for alcohol or drug abuse or dependency, consultation, assessment, and referral are available for students through CCA's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).

Appointments may be made by contacting Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).

A list of other campus and off-campus resources is also available from CAPS and included below.

CCA Resources for Students

Off-Campus Resources

Additional Resources: Alcohol & Other Drug Information

A Note About Naloxone (Narcan)

Naloxone is a life-saving medication that can reverse an overdose from opioids—including heroin, fentanyl, and prescription opioid medications—when given in time. Naloxone is easy to use and small to carry.

There are two forms of naloxone:

  • Nasal Spray - Prefilled devices that spray medication into the nose.
  • Injectable - Medication (solution) given by injection into a muscle or under the skin.

The decision on which form of naloxone to use or carry can depend many factors such as cost, availability, and comfort level. Both are safe, effective, and can help save a life. Naloxone is available in all 50 states.

If you have been prescribed high-dose opioids, talk to your doctor about co-prescribing naloxone. However, in most states, you can get naloxone at your local pharmacy without a prescription. You can also get naloxone from community-based naloxone programs and most syringe services programs.

For more information: