Orientation Leaders (OL)
Orientation leaders (OL) play an integral role in helping students transition to college life.
- They introduce new students to the campus and guide them through myriad academic, social, and artistic opportunities offered at CCA.
- They serve as positive role models for new students, offering friendly assistance and answering questions from students and parent alike.
- They communicate CCA's mission, policies, and procedures, as well as ensure students uphold appropriate conduct.
Learn more about New Student Orientation.
What do you learn?
OLs will participate in a week long training prior to the start of fall new student orientation to help prepare them to welcome new students.
- facilitate interactions among new students during small-group discussions, icebreakers, and social activities.
- learn public speaking skills for small and large groups.
- become familiar with key resources and services essential for a new student to succeed in their first year at CCA.
Skills you will learn according to the 2016 PayScale Workforce-Skills Preparedness Report:
- Critical thinking/problem solving
- Interpersonal skills/teamwork