Campus Access Information
On Campus Safety Protocols for All Employees
If you need to be physically on campus at any time, you must follow the below health and safety protocols. These are processes that CCA is following to ensure a safe community on campus. As a reminder, our protocols are subject to change as we receive more information from the SF Department of Public Health, CDC and other resources.
Here is key information on Isolation and Quarantine for Positive Cases, Symptoms, or Close Contact.
Health & Safety Guidelines
Anyone coming to campus must comply at all times with all applicable CDC and Cal/OSHA guidelines. Please continue to follow these guidelines when you are physically on campus.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CCA requires that all students, faculty, and staff who are on campus are fully vaccinated, including the booster, if eligible. A vaccination or approved exemption is required prior to being on campus. To update your vaccination status, please log into Workday and follow these instructions.
COVID-19 Response Team
The COVID Response Team centralizes our contact tracing responsibilities and provide clarity and guidance on any COVID-related questions. There is a process for reporting positive cases, symptoms or close contacts for those that have been on campus.
- Use this form to self-report your case. Please ensure that you receive an email confirmation that your form submission was successful. You may also email COVIDresponse@cca.edu.
- Begin quarantine or isolation if appropriate, as soon as possible (you can determine if you should quarantine or isolate based on the protocols outlined here).
- You will be contacted by a member of our team who will collect information from you, guide you on your next-steps, and alert anyone who may need to be notified.
- CCA will cooperate with public health officials to facilitate contact tracing to help identify and contact individuals who may have been exposed. These protocols reflect the guidelines shared by OSHA and the CDC. Please reach out to your healthcare provider directly if you have any concerns about your health or your symptoms worsen.
COVID-19 Surveillance Testing for Unvaccinated Staff/Students/Faculty
CCA requires surveillance testing for faculty, students and staff who are regularly on campus (at least once per week, consistently or living in a CCA residence hall) and have received an exemption from the on campus vaccination requirement. This program is intended to supplement current health and safety protocols. Any unvaccinated faculty, students or staff who will be on campus regularly are required to participate.
For ongoing surveillance testing, all unvaccinated on campus members will be required to be tested (PCR COVID-19 test) once per week. Testing notifications and results will be stored in Workday, and employees and students should log their test results within 1 hour of receiving a positive result and 24 hours of receiving a negative result. Faculty and staff are required to upload test results to Workday following the steps found here. Students are required to upload test results to Workday following the steps found here.
Testing compliance is an important part of maintaining the health and safety of the CCA community. Human Resources will oversee and address non-compliance concerns with employees. The Dean of Students Office will oversee and address non-compliance concerns with students. Residential students who decline to participate in testing will be required to quarantine for 10 days or until they complete a PCR COVID-19 test. Off-campus students approved to use campus facilities will be asked to leave campus immediately and will not be eligible to return until providing a negative test result.
Anyone requiring an accommodation due to a health need should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The San Francisco campus is currently open to all students, faculty and staff. Faculty and students who are not teaching or enrolled in hybrid classes, and staff who are not designated to work in person, may come to campus to use campus resources, providing they have fulfilled the vaccination and verification requirements. Be sure to have your CCA ID with you at all times.
Key Items to Note While on Campus
- All community members must follow the health and safety protocols listed above.
- Community members are not required to wear masks on-campus, but well-fitting non-vented N95, KN95, or KF94 respirators are still highly recommended. This applies to both vaccinated and non-vaccinated community members. As always, please reach out to HR (email@example.com) with any accommodation requests.
- Our cleaning practices ask that when you leave a space, please clean/disinfect it. There will be cleaning stations located throughout all campus buildings. You may also choose to clean a space when you first arrive. Custodial services will be cleaning high-touch surfaces daily.
Building Access - CCA ID is Required
In order to access most buildings on campus, aside from the main entrance for 1111 8th Street on 455 Irwin, you will need your CCA ID. Please be sure to have it with you at all times.
On Campus Workspaces
Employees are permitted to reserve spaces on campus for meetings or for individual use at a hot desk. Please review this page for more information an instructions on reserving space.
Vendors and contractors
Vendors, contractors, or consultants who are required to come to campus are required to sign in with Public Safety (see "other scheduled access" above). Arranging departments are responsible for informing contractors of these requirements. (This does not apply to regular delivery services such as USPS, FedEx, etc.)
CCA requires all contractors and vendors who are on campus daily or weekly to confirm that employees are fully vaccinated (or have been granted an approved exemption) and are in alignment with CCA’s vaccination requirement program with their respective CCA contact.
If any contract employees test positive for COVID-19, and they were present on CCA’s campus within 48 hours of developing symptoms or testing positive, please notify your CCA point of contact and email COVIDresponse@cca.edu.
What are the hours to access mail and deliveries?
Staff can pick up mail and deliveries from shipping and receiving Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm (closed for lunch 12pm - 1pm). The Shipping & Receiving Office is now located at 455 Irwin St. Face coverings are required to be worn at all times.
What is the campus shipping address?
1111 8th Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Questions? Please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.