Campus Access Information
On Campus Safety Protocols for All Employees
If you need to be physically on campus at any time, you must follow the below health and safety protocols. These are processes that CCA is following to ensure a safe community on campus. As a reminder, our protocols are subject to change as we receive more information from the SF Department of Public Health, CDC and other resources.
Here is key information on Isolation and Quarantine for Positive Cases, Symptoms, or Close Contact.
Health & Safety Guidelines
Anyone coming to campus must comply at all times with all applicable CDC and Cal/OSHA guidelines. Please continue to follow these guidelines when you are physically on campus.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CCA requires that all students, faculty, and staff who are on campus are fully vaccinated, including the booster, if eligible. A vaccination or approved exemption is required prior to being on campus. To update your vaccination status, please log into Workday and follow these instructions.
COVID-19 Response Team
The COVID Response Team centralizes our contact tracing responsibilities and provide clarity and guidance on any COVID-related questions. There is a process for reporting positive cases, symptoms or close contacts for those that have been on campus.
- Use this form to self-report your case. Please ensure that you receive an email confirmation that your form submission was successful. You may also email COVIDresponse@cca.edu.
- Begin quarantine or isolation if appropriate, as soon as possible (you can determine if you should quarantine or isolate based on the protocols outlined here).
- You will be contacted by a member of our team who will collect information from you, guide you on your next-steps, and alert anyone who may need to be notified.
- CCA will cooperate with public health officials to facilitate contact tracing to help identify and contact individuals who may have been exposed. These protocols reflect the guidelines shared by OSHA and the CDC. Please reach out to your healthcare provider directly if you have any concerns about your health or your symptoms worsen.
COVID-19 Surveillance Testing for Unvaccinated Staff/Students/Faculty
CCA requires surveillance testing for faculty, students and staff who are regularly on campus (at least once per week, consistently or living in a CCA residence hall) and have received an exemption from the on campus vaccination requirement. This program is intended to supplement current health and safety protocols. Any unvaccinated faculty, students or staff who will be on campus regularly are required to participate.
For ongoing surveillance testing, all unvaccinated on campus members will be required to be tested (PCR COVID-19 test) once per week. Testing notifications and results will be stored in Workday, and employees and students should log their test results within 1 hour of receiving a positive result and 24 hours of receiving a negative result. Faculty and staff are required to upload test results to Workday following the steps found here. Students are required to upload test results to Workday following the steps found here.
Testing compliance is an important part of maintaining the health and safety of the CCA community. Human Resources will oversee and address non-compliance concerns with employees. The Dean of Students Office will oversee and address non-compliance concerns with students. Residential students who decline to participate in testing will be required to quarantine for 10 days or until they complete a PCR COVID-19 test. Off-campus students approved to use campus facilities will be asked to leave campus immediately and will not be eligible to return until providing a negative test result.
Anyone requiring an accommodation due to a health need should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For testing resources, please see the COVID-19 Testing Requirements and Resources Portal page.
If you are an on campus or hybrid employee, and you choose to travel in your personal time, please follow the CDC guidelines on travel prior to returning to campus. These guidelines recommend that if you are unvaccinated and have traveled, you should quarantine for 7 days post travel and obtain a COVID-19 test within 3-5 days of returning from their trip. You must still quarantine for the full 7 days, even if you receive a negative test result. If you are unable to work remotely during this quarantine period, please connect with your Manager and HR so that you may use COVID-19 Supplemental Sick time. If you are vaccinated, you do not need to quarantine or get tested, but please self-monitor for any COVID-19 symptoms.
If you have recently traveled and are a remote employee, but need to come to campus to pick up an item, you may do so without quarantine and testing, assuming you are not sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
Can I Access the Campus?
The San Francisco campus is currently open to students, hybrid faculty and Campus Based and Campus Hybrid staff. Faculty and students who are not teaching or enrolled in hybrid classes, and staff who are not designated to work in person, may come to campus to use campus resources, providing they have fulfilled the vaccination and verification requirements. Be sure to have your CCA ID with you at all times.
Events and Campus Hours
Some events that invite members of the public to campus are permitted, with limitations. Find full details about requirements for events on Portal. To request approval for an event that invites members of the public or guests to campus, please complete this form.
Public Safety has extended access hours to certain buildings to 24 hour access. For Oakland campus access, please visit: Oakland Access Policy (NEW) Spring 2022 and for San Francisco campus access, please visit: SF Access Policy (NEW) Spring 2022.
Key Items to Note While on Campus
- All community members must follow the health and safety protocols listed above.
- Face coverings (masks) must be worn at all times indoors on CCA's campuses for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, except for the instances outlined below. A well-fitting non-vented N95, KN95, or KF94 respirator is strongly recommended. A well-fitting surgical/procedural mask with a cloth mask worn over it to increase fit is also recommended. Given higher transmissibility of the Omicron variant, cloth masks alone are no longer recommended. Face coverings may be removed outdoors for vaccinated individuals. Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear masks at all times.
- Face coverings (masks) can be removed while eating and drinking. Per the CDC, currently, there is no evidence to suggest that COVID-19 is spread by handling or eating food. However, consuming refreshments, snacks, and meals with persons not from the same household may increase the risk of getting and spreading COVID-19 among people who are not fully vaccinated because masks are removed when eating or drinking. Therefore, it is recommended that you maintain social distancing while eating indoors or consider finding space to eat outdoors when space and weather allow. Be sure to wash your hands frequently. For more information from the CDC on higher education and dining practices, click here.
- Face coverings (masks) can be removed if you are vaccinated and alone in an administrative space with a closed door. Unvaccinated individuals should not remove their mask except when eating.
- You may bring your own food and store it in the shared fridge spaces. You may eat at your desk indoors but you are encouraged to eat outdoors. There are picnic tables located in the backlot for outdoor eating.
- Our cleaning practices ask that when you leave a space, please clean/disinfect it. There will be cleaning stations located throughout all campus buildings. You may also choose to clean a space when you first arrive. Custodial services will be cleaning high-touch surfaces daily.
On Campus Workspaces
Employees are permitted to reserve spaces on campus for meetings or for individual use at a hot desk. Please review this page for more information an instructions on reserving space.
Indoor dining is available only for fully vaccinated patrons. To-go and outdoor dining will remain available for patrons who are not fully vaccinated. Makers Cafe is not open to the general public but guests of the CCA community are welcome. Masks must be worn indoors on campus. You may remove your mask while eating, but should put it back on when you are finished.
Vendors and contractors
Vendors, contractors, or consultants who are required to come to campus are required to sign in with Public Safety (see "other scheduled access" above). Arranging departments are responsible for informing contractors of these requirements. (This does not apply to regular delivery services such as USPS, FedEx, etc.)
CCA requires all contractors and vendors who are on campus daily or weekly to confirm that employees are fully vaccinated (or have been granted an approved exemption) and are in alignment with CCA’s vaccination requirement program with their respective CCA contact.
If any contract employees test positive for COVID-19, and they were present on CCA’s campus within 48 hours of developing symptoms or testing positive, please notify your CCA point of contact and email COVIDresponse@cca.edu.
What are the hours to access mail and deliveries?
Staff can pick up mail and deliveries from shipping and receiving Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm (closed for lunch 12pm - 1pm). The Shipping & Receiving Office is now located at 455 Irwin St. Face coverings are required to be worn at all times.
What is the campus shipping address?
1111 8th Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Questions? Please reach out directly to email@example.com.