Biking is one of the most sustainable forms of commuting that promotes cleaner air, and has great health benefits! CCA has a strong bicycle culture with ample indoor and outdoor bicycle for any community member that registers their bike (see below). CCA is also a member of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition, and offers free urban bicycle workshops annually to the CCA Community.
Bay Wheels Bike Share (powered by Lyft)
Bike Share stations create healthy, sustainable spaces around schools, and bicycling helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, relieve crowded buses and trains, and improve individual health. There are bike share stations within direct proximity to both CCA campuses
- San Francisco campus: 1111 8th Street at Hooper Street, and 17th Street at Arkansas Street (Near Blattner Hall)
- Oakland Campus: Broadway @ Coronado
CCA Annual Membership Discount: $134 (normally $159) = $11 per month
- Go to baywheels.com and login or sign up with your phone number
- Choose Annual Membership
- Enter or choose payment option and select student or corporate discount
- Enter program code CCABIKES into popup
- Finish checkout
You can use your Clipper Card as an access key by linking your card to a membership within your profile.
Use the Station Map to locate a station closest to you, and check availability.
Bike Parking on Campus
- Indoor and outdoor bike parking is located at 184 Hooper Street (between the Hooper public safety desk and Founders Hall). All students, staff, and faculty who register for access may park their bike in the bike room or the courtyard. Once registered, visit the public safety desk during business hours at 184 Hooper Street to confirm your access has been granted.
- Residents of Blattner Hall also have access to a secure indoor bike parking facility within the building. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration instructions and access.
- Ample outdoor bike racks are located throughout the Oakland campus, enter campus at 255 Clifton Street.
Bikes are no longer allowed in any indoor facility at CCA.
Please use appropriate locking systems when using both indoor and outdoor bike racks. Please refer to Safe Bike Registry to globally register your bike. Bicycle or scooter riding and skateboarding within the campus is prohibited. Please walk your bicycle, skateboard or scooter to avoid injuring yourself or others in the CCA community
Free Urban Bicycling Workshops - Bike Safer!
The SF Bicycle Coalition is proud to offer free Urban Bicycling Workshops to all of the CCA Community. Whether you’ve never been on a bike before or you just want to brush up with some tips for riding in the city, they've got a class to get you rolling! They will visit the SF campus annually to host an urban bicycling workshop, but you may also register for classes offsite free of charge. View the workshop schedule and/or sign-up for class updates.
Bikes on Public Transit
Check out Bike Hub, available at BART and Caltrain stations; a safe and convenient way to park your bike while you commute. There are currently seven locations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Each station offers slightly different services, including valet parking, controlled-access parking, bike rentals, bike repairs, and more.
Bikes are allowed on nearly all public transit. Below is a list of rules and regulations for brining your bike on major forms of public transportation:
Bay Bridge Bike Shuttle
The Bay Bridge Bike Shuttle (operated by Caltrans) runs during peak commute periods.
Expense per trip: $1.00
- Pick-up: MacArthur BART Station, Oakland
- Drop-off: Main Street @ Bryant
- Suggested Route to the SF Campus (12 Minutes)
Home Street Home (Winner of CCA 2010 R.A.W. Student Video Contest)
CCA Graduate Design major Jesse Geller won first place in CCA's 2010 R.A.W. Video contest, in which he was challenged to document "CCA's Bike Culture" in a two-minute video.