Jewelry / Metal Arts: Classroom Studio
Learning, Demonstrating, Building Community
As of Monday 3/20/2020, CCA Campuses will be accessible ONLY TO RETRIEVE PERSONAL AND WORK ITEMS.
Students, Faculty, and Staff may access the campuses during the following times:
SF Campus: Tuesday and Thursdays 11a-1p
Oakland Campus: Monday and Wednesdays 11a-1p
When you arrive at campus contact Public Safety:
SF patrol: 415-726-2061, Oakland patrol: 510-385-1821
Public Safety will meet you, check your ID, have you sign in, provide necessary access, and wait until you leave to secure the building.
For the safety and security of all, PLEASE BRING YOUR CCA ID TO SHOW THE PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER!
The Classroom Studio
CCA Shops and Studios remain closed and inaccessible for project work until further notice.
Please contact the Studio Manager with any concerns.
- The California Department of Public Health has extended the statewide stay at home order through May 31st. Do not leave home except for essential activities.
- CCA has developed a Portal Page link concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates available here.
- CCA has suspended in-person instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. All classes will be taught remotely beginning Monday, March 30, following spring break.
Workplace Guidelines for CCA employees are available here.
About the Jewelry / Metal Arts: Classroom Studio
The main classroom is equipped with 18 professional jeweler's benches with flex-shafts, a communal soldering area, two drill presses, a bench shear, a rolling mill, an instructional video monitor, an art display case, and various hand tools designed for metal-smithing.
Specializing in These Materials
- Karat Golds
Tools and Equipment
- Natural gas and acetylene torches
- Rolling Mill
- Hydraulic press
- Citric acid pickle baths
- Drill presses and flex-shafts
- Step sheer, beverly sheer, straight sheer
- Buffing/polishing lathes
- Orion i200 pulse arc welder
- Puk 5 precision impulse welder
- Small lathe mills
- Formlabs 3, 3D printer
- G-Tec TB-30 natural gas booster
- Casting equipment (kilns, centrifuge, and vacuum caster)
- Wax injector
- Electrical etching bath for non-ferrous metals
- Metal forming/forging hammers, stakes, and anvils
- Band saw (wood or metal)
- Sanders (wet or dry)
- Glass Bead blaster
- Draw bench
- Titan stone cutting lathe
- Gryphon C-40 diamond band saw