Jewelry / Metal Arts: Main Studio
Learning, Demonstrating, Building Community
Access hours are 9am-12am, Monday - Friday, and 9am-10pm, Saturday - Sunday.
Spring 2023 Jewelry/Metal Arts Main Studio Access
Jewelry/Metal Arts is open to students who are currently enrolled in or have completed Jewelry/Metal Arts 1. Orientations are provided by the studio manager during class time.
For graduate students or upper-division project access, please contact the studio manager. This access will be granted depending on studio capacity. We cannot provide new student access after week ten of the semester.
About the Jewelry / Metal Arts: Main Studio
The main classroom is equipped with 17 professional jeweler's benches with flex-shafts, smith mini torches, two drill presses, a bench shear, a rolling mill, an instructional video monitor, an art display case, and various hand tools designed for metal-smithing.
Specializing in These Materials
- Karat Golds
Tools and Equipment
- Natural gas torches
- Rolling Mill
- Hydraulic press
- Citric acid pickle baths
- Drill presses and flex-shafts
- Step sheer, beverly sheer, straight sheer
- Buffing/polishing lathes
- Orion i200 pulse arc welder
- Puk 5 precision impulse welder
- Small lathe mills
- Formlabs 3, 3D printer
- G-Tec TB-30 natural gas booster
- Casting equipment (kilns, centrifuge, and vacuum caster)
- Wax injector
- Electrical etching bath for non-ferrous metals
- Metal forming/forging hammers, stakes, and anvils
- Band saw (wood or metal)
- Sanders (wet or dry)
- Glass Bead blaster
- Draw bench
- Titan stone cutting lathe
- Gryphon C-40 diamond band saw