Media Center User Agreement
Note: You are responsible for the equipment you checkout from the Media Centers. Never leave items in the trunk of a car or unattended. You will be charged a replacement fee for items stolen while left unattended or in the trunk of a car. Equipment will be due one week after checkout by noon. * Laptops are due before we close for the day and are loaned for a maximum of 4 hours, they do not go out over night.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about our services.
Who is eligible to use our services?
- Students who are currently enrolled in classes at CCA, as well as current faculty and staff may reserve and check out equipment.
- You must provide a current CCA ID and have read and agreed to the Media Center User Agreement to check out equipment.
- We do not accept driverʼs licenses or credit cards for equipment checkout.
- First priority for equipment and services is given to students.
- All resources are available by approval and on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please keep your Media Center account updated with your current address and phone number by updating in Workday.
- We expect you to have a working knowledge of the operation and care of equipment you check out. If you are unfamiliar with the equipment, please ask for resources.
- Check that equipment is in working order and that all components are in the kit before you leave campus.
- Make sure to inform the staff of any irregularities before you leave, as you are immediately responsible for equipment checked out to you after leaving the Media Center.
- You are financially responsible for all equipment checked out to you, including lost, stolen and damaged items. In the event that equipment is stolen, a hold will be placed on your account until the financial obligation is paid off.
- Equipment and other resources provided by CCA are not insured against loss, theft or damage by borrowers. Therefore, we strongly urge families to check their homeowners or renters insurance policy to verify such coverage; and to consider obtaining personal property coverage if it does not. Wells Fargo Insurance Services has teamed up with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. to offer students personal property coverage. For more information visit www.collegestudentinsurance.com/ Please note that CCA is not affiliated with individual insurance vendors or their products.
- You must WAIT until your equipment is returned before exiting the Media Center to ensure that all items have been returned and are in working condition. Items left on the counter can be at risk of damage, loss or theft. Equipment is your financial responsibility until all items are officially returned by Media Center Staff.
- Only one type of each resource can be checked out at once (e.g. 1 camera, 1 lens, 1 tripod).
- Do not leave equipment unattended or in a car due to potential damage from heat, weather and high potential for theft.
- Do not take equipment to the beach or expose it to sand, water, or extreme heat/cold.
- Due to space limitations, and turn around times, we cannot guarantee that batteries will be charged when you pick up equipment.
- You are responsible for returning all equipment with fully charged batteries and complete with kit accessories to ensure the equipment is in working order for the next patron.
- We will not accept returns on kits or items missing components, such as tripods without the mounting plates. You will be asked to return the equipment when it is complete. Delays may result in a late fee.
- Equipment that requires batteries (AA,AAA,9V) may not always be included.
- Turn off the power when equipment is not in use. Plug in your equipment and save battery power whenever possible.
- To prevent damage, please remove batteries from the battery compartment before you return equipment.
- Failure to follow the above instructions may result in a fine or abuse fee per item.
Equipment can be a target for theft. Take precautions to stay safe when working after dark, in small groups or alone. Always be aware of your surroundings. Never leave equipment unattended or in the trunk of a car.
- We recommend that you make reservations at least one week in advance. You may reserve equipment up to two weeks in advance.
- You may only check out one resource of each type. (Donʼt monopolize equipment!)
- In consideration of others, please let us know if you cannot pick up your reserved equipment. If you habitually miss reservations, you may lose your Media Center privileges.
- Reservations are not a guarantee as the reserved equipment is subject to potential issues such as damage or late return by previous user. Note: reservations must be picked up within 2 hours of the scheduled pick up time or the reservation will be canceled automatically.
- Reservation pickup times may vary depending on open hours and previous patrons return of the equipment.
- Equipment must be returned by the confirmed return time on the due date.
- Equipment can be renewed once for one additional week 2 days prior to the due date/time. If the equipment is already on reserve by another patron - if possible another similar item may be substituted. Patrons who repeatedly attempt to renew equipment beyond the one time despite our policy may be assessed a fine or have a hold placed on their account.
- The optional one week renewal is not a guarantee. We are unable to renew some items based on limited inventory.
- The renewal can not be applied at the time of checkout, meaning you cannot request a 2-week checkout at the time of equipment pickup. Renewals can be requested 2 or 1 day(s) before the due date. The request can be made by email, phone or in-person. If the center is closed at the time of your request the renewal is not confirmed until you hear back from Media Center staff. If you request a renewal the day your equipment is due or after it is due, we will likely not be able to renew the item, so plan ahead.
- If you have returned equipment after 2 weeks, (1 week checkout, 1 week renewal) you cannot renew or immediately check out that same equipment or another equivalent of that type. There is a required waiting period before checking out or reserving the same equipment or type of 2 business days.
- Please do not attempt to abuse our policies to checkout or reserve equipment for an entire semester. Our inventory is available to the entire college as a short term loan. Anything required for the entire semester will need to be sourced outside of the media center.
- All equipment must be returned to the San Francisco Media Center.
Exceptions to the circulation policy:
- Laptops, and equipment on carts are for on campus use, for class duration and must be returned on the same day immediately after class. Checkouts of these items will be for a 4 hour period or less based on Media Center open hours or unless otherwise arranged. These items are not available overnight. They cannot be taken off campus.
- Faculty, please reserve in class equipment two weeks before your request. You may reserve AV for your class for the entire semester with a Media Center staffer. Please indicate the classroom, time, your name and phone number. Your reservation is not guaranteed unless confirmed. You are responsible for setup, breakdown and return of the equipment unless there is a special case.
- In-class 4D equipment must be checked out no more than 45 minutes before class and returned immediately after class. In-class equipment must be checked out by the 4D faculty only. Students cannot take home in-class 4D equipment.
All Media Center rentals must be returned to the same campus the items were checked out from. Please reach out if you need an accommodation.
Loss of Reservations:
- Reserved equipment that has not been picked up will expire after 2 hours.
School equipment and resources are not insured against loss, theft or damage by CCA.
- School equipment and resources are not insured against loss, theft or damage by CCA.
- Equipment returned late by Students, Staff and Faculty will result in a late fee payable in cash with exact change. Credit cards must be paid through Student Accounts. When paying through Student Accounts you must first obtain a copy of your invoice and the payment link from the Media Center. Your fine is not removed until you have shown receipt of payment. (Please inquire for further fines procedures.)
- Late fees range from $5-$20 per checkout for each day the equipment is returned late, Saturday and Sunday included.
- If you have unpaid fines, you cannot make reservations or check out equipment. This includes fines at other CCA shops.
- Loss of checkout privileges may result for patrons who are either habitually late or who lose equipment.
- Lost or stolen equipment will result in a replacement fee equaling the cost of the itemʼs current replacement value, as determined by the Media Center Staff.
- Abuse or negligence of this agreement may result in additional fees. A $20 abuse fine/or a probation period for checkout can occur. Additional offenses may result in the permanent loss of privileges.
- Unpaid fees will result in loss of checkout privileges.
CLASSROOM SUPPORT: Faculty requiring regular access to classroom A/V systems must arrange access and training with Media Center staff prior to the start of your class.
- To avoid class delays, if possible please arrive at your classroom at least 15-30 minutes before class time to ensure the A/V system is working properly and to allow for possible troubleshooting by Media Center Staff.
- Only Media Center trained individuals may operate the projection booth in Timken Hall.
- To reserve meeting rooms or classrooms, please contact Scheduling Manager Ale Morales, email@example.com
- Request services and equipment at least 14 days in advance. Equipment is not reserved unless you receive confirmation.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for reasons deemed appropriate.
WARNING: Equipment can be a theft risk. Always be aware and take precautions to stay safe when expensive equipment is in your possession. If you have been a victim of theft always make a police report and inform CCA public safety as well as the Media Center Manager.