As of Monday 3/20/2020, CCA Campuses will be accessible ONLY TO RETRIEVE PERSONAL AND WORK ITEMS.
Students, Faculty, and Staff may access the campuses during the following times:
SF Campus: Tuesday and Thursdays 11a-1p
Oakland Campus: Monday and Wednesdays 11a-1p
When you arrive at campus contact Public Safety:
SF patrol: 415-726-2061, Oakland patrol: 510-385-1821
Public Safety will meet you, check your ID, have you sign in, provide necessary access, and wait until you leave to secure the building.
For the safety and security of all, PLEASE BRING YOUR CCA ID TO SHOW THE PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER!
CCA Shops and Studios remain closed and inaccessible for project work until further notice.
Please contact the Studio Manager with any concerns.
- The California Department of Public Health has extended the statewide stay at home order through May 3. Do not leave home except for essential activities.
- CCA has developed a Portal Page link concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates available here.
- CCA has suspended in-person instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. All classes will be taught remotely beginning Monday, March 30, following spring break.
Workplace Guidelines for CCA employees are available here.
About the Model Shop
The Model Making Studio is a large, well-lit shop that contains many essential pieces of equipment for student use including saws, sanders, drill presses, mills, routers, lathes, a vacuum forming machine, and workbenches.
All users are required to wear ANSI Z87+ rated safety glasses with side shields and closed toe shoes at all times in the Model Making Shop. Long hair must be tied back, loose or dangling jewelry or lanyards must be removed, long sleeves should be rolled up. Hearing and dust protection is encouraged; headphones and earbuds are not allowed in the Model Making Shop. Food and drink are allowed on the wooden work tables in the Model Making Shop, and must always be covered.
The Model Making Shop may be reserved for individual class sessions, and faculty who are interested in reserving this space should read the policy linked below and reach out to the studio manager with any questions.
Specializing in These Materials
Tools and Equipment
- Sawstop Cabinet Saw
- Clausing Drill Press
- Formech Vacuumformer
- Powermatic 14" X 40" Wood Lathe
- Delta Midi Lathe
- Rockwell Delta Bandsaw
- Dewalt Sliding Compound Mitre Saw
- Modelmaking Sanding Sticks
- How to cut and glue foamcore
- Modelmaking: How to Sharpen your Blade
- Modelmaking: Basic Hinges and Joints
- Modelmaking: How to Get Hot Glue to Look Good- Part 2
- Modelmaking: How to Get Hot Glue to Look Good- Part 1
- How to Find Out What's in Your Materials