Photography: Irwin Digital Darkroom
CCA buildings are closed in the ongoing response to limit the spread of COVID–19. San Francisco, Alameda, and several other counties in the Bay Area have issued an extension to the Public Health Order for residents to stay at home, consequently CCA has moved to remote instruction through May 8. If you are unable to retrieve personal belongings, do not worry, as your items will remain safely stored in the studios.
We are optimistic that we will be able to reopen our shops, labs, and studios later in the year to enable students to return to work on campus if they choose to do so.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to the Photo Studio Manager Brianna Tadeo Btadeo@cca.edu if you have any questions or concerns.
Irwin Student Center
Rules and Regulations
- Access permitted only after an orientation.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Never prop the door open.
- Flextight Film Holders must never leave the room and should be returned to the lock box at the end of a scanning session.
- Access Three Strike Rule:
-First: Stern warning
-Second: No after hours access
-Third: No access for the remainder of semester
-If you break scanners or computers you lose unstaffed access to this space.
ONLY AVAILABLE TO PHOTO MAJORS IN THEIR JUNIOR AND SENIOR YEAR.
- Reservations for scanners must be made in advance (Limit of 2 per week) and a lockbox key for film holders must be checked out from the Photo Cage. Holders must be returned to lockbox at end of the night.
- Computer editing stations and networked printers are available on a first come, first served basis.
About the Photography: Irwin Digital Darkroom
The Digital Darkroom is designed to meet the increased specialized needs of CCA’s Photography Department. Additionally, it functions in collaboration with the Digital Fine Art Studio (DFAS) and is a place where students can scan film, work on digital files, and make small-scale prints.
Tools and Equipment
- 9 iMac Retina 5k machines
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- 2 Hasselblad Flextight scanners
- 3 - Epson v850
- 1 - Epson 10000lx