Photography: Irwin Digital Darkroom
● Staffed Access is the following days/times:
○ Monday - Friday: 10am-6pm
○ Saturday: 12pm - 5pm
○ Sunday: 12pm - 6pm
● Unstaffed is the following days/times:
○ Monday - Friday: 8am -10am & 6pm - 2am
○ Saturday - Sunday: 8am - 12pm & 5pm - 2am
Irwin Student Center
Rules and Regulations
- Access permitted only after an orientation.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Never prop the door open.
- Flextight Film Holders must never leave the room and should be returned to the lock box at the end of a scanning session.
- Access Three Strike Rule:
-First: Stern warning
-Second: No after hours access
-Third: No access for the remainder of semester
-If you break scanners or computers you lose unstaffed access to this space.
ONLY AVAILABLE TO PHOTO MAJORS IN THERE JUNIOR AND SENIOR YEAR.
- Reservations for scanners must be made in advance (Limit of 2 per week) and a lockbox key for film holders must
be checked out from the Photo Cage. Holders must be returned to lockbox at end of the night.
- Computer editing stations and networked printers are available on a first come, first served basis.
About the Photography: Irwin Digital Darkroom
The Digital Darkroom is designed to meet the increased specialized needs of CCA’s Photography Department. Additionally, it functions in collaboration with the Digital Fine Art Studio (DFAS) and is a place where students can scan film, work on digital files, and make small-scale prints.
Tools and Equipment
- 9 iMac Retina 5k machines
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- 2 Hasselblad Flextight scanners
- 3 - Epson v850