Photography: Lighting Studio
Check Photo cage page for hours of operation
MANX (Martinex Annex Photo Studios)
Access to the Lighting Studio is reserved for students that have completed or are enrolled in Tools IV and any current student or faculty that has had a Lighting Studio Demo from the Studio Manager. If you would like this orientation, please contact the studio manager, access will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
The Lighting Studio is open whenever the cage is open. Reservations can be made at the cage and can be up to two weeks in advance.
Rules and Regulations
- Make sure all equipment is returned by the time the cage is closed
- There is no unstaffed access to the Phase One Camera
- Make sure that everything is put back and that the locker doors are closed and locked.
- Put all lights that remain on the floor in the back of the room. Make sure that there is a clear path to the back door
- There is no fire in the Lighting Studio
- There are no animals allowed in the Lighting Studio without the studio manager’s permission.
- There is no drinking allowed anywhere on campus, this includes the lighting studio.
- Make sure that the back door is locked when you are done.
- Everything that you bring in for a shoot must be removed by the end of your shoot, there is no storage in the studio.
- Make sure to turn off the monitor when you are done with your shoot.
- Always back up your work.
About the Photography: Lighting Studio
The Lighting Studio is a 600 sq. ft. space for students to learn and use professional lighting equipment. The Lighting Studio is also where students get access to the Phase One digital medium format back system.