Given the ongoing threat the coronavirus pandemic presents, the majority of our curriculum for the spring 2021 semester will be delivered online. As conditions and regulations permit, we will gradually open some facilities for student use, providing students access to shops and studios as much as is safe and manageable, with strict health protocols in place. On-campus housing and dining will remain available.
There is tremendous uncertainty around the course of the virus and when a vaccine will be widely available. CCA's COVID–19 Prevention Plan allows for the gradual, safe resumption of certain activities on our campuses, with flexibility to adjust as needed to changing conditions. This plan follows requirements and recommendations from state and local health officials in light of a surge of COVID–19 cases across California and the United States. We continue to follow guidance from the San Francisco and Alameda County health departments and other health officials, and will communicate regularly with our community as the situation evolves.
CCA is all about creativity, innovation, and problem solving. That’s what we teach our students, and that’s what our faculty and staff practice every day. During this unusual time, they’ve been hard at work developing and refining a robust, high-quality, and supportive remote academic experience.
Check back here for the most up-to-date information on living, learning, teaching, working, and making art that matters at CCA during the 2020–2021 academic year.
What You Need to Know
- Face coverings must be worn at all times on CCA's campuses and six-foot social distancing is required.
- All faculty, staff, and students who need to be on either campus or in CCA residences must complete a #CampusClear daily health assessment prior to entering campus.
- All members of the community that are accessing the campus once a week or more will be part of a surveillance testing cohort. Those people will be contacted regarding the process and their cohort assignment.
- We will prioritize campus access for graduating seniors, graduate students, and students enrolled in hybrid courses. Once the details are solidified, hours and reservation instructions will be available on the CCA Portal.
- As local regulations allow, the Backlot on the San Francisco campus will be available to use for some scheduled in-person instruction related to hybrid classes.
- If you test positive, experience symptoms, or are exposed to COVID–19, notify Human Resources immediately at email@example.com (employees) or the Office of the Dean of Students (students).
- Visitors are not allowed on either campus or in the residence halls at this time.
- May 5, 2021: Vaccination requirement for the fall 2021 semester
- March 12, 2021: Follow-up on limited reopening of Backlot and studio spaces on March 15
- March 8, 2021: San Francisco Campus to Begin Limited Reopening of Maker Spaces March 15
- March 4, 2021: Information about Fall 2021 for Students
- December 8, 2020: New "Stay-at-Home" public health orders in effect for Bay Area
- November 18, 2020: Communication to Students about Spring 2021
- November 2, 2020: Spring 2021 Schedule
- October 12, 2020: Important update: Spring 2021 semester
- July 20, 2020: Fall 2020 semester will be online
- See past COVID–19 communications to the CCA community
Information about housing + dining, safety protocols, health + wellness, international student support, travel, and other resources for students living both on and off campus.
Maximize your academic experience with resources for online learning, technology and equipment, course schedules and registration, and other academic support.
Resources and support for teaching online, upcoming Teaching Lab events, pedagogical guidance, campus access info, and other resources and information from Academic Affairs.