Need Help?

Skip to Content

CCA Portal

Additional resources for international students in the US

Last updated on Dec 08, 2022

Moonlight BBQ 3

Studying in the United States as an international student can seem overwhelming, as it doesn't just involve school and classes. This page is a resource for other important areas that are not covered in other locations on the ISAP Portal.

US Health Insurance's Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms provides a list of common words & definitions to assist in understanding the healthcare system in the US and your coverage plans.

Info about CCA’s Student Health Insurance

The CCA student insurance plan includes:

How to Use:

(1) Print out your insurance ID card. Step by step instructions can be found here.

(2) Find a doctor that accepts your insurance here.

(3) Once you find a doctor, you can make an appointment.

For additional questions about CCA's student health insurance, contact

Shopping in the US

Learn where to go to buy groceries, household items, clothing, and more around San Francisco. Check under "Resources" on this page for more information.

Opening a bank account in the US

ISAP has developed a resource with information about bank locations near campus and the types of documents you need to bring with you to the bank. Looks under "Resources" on this page for more information.

Drivers Licenses, I-94 records, ITINS

The links to the right outline basic information on acquiring a driver's license or ID card in California, attaining your I-94 records, or for obtaining an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN.)

For more in-depth information on driving regulation and personal identification you can go directly to the California Department of Motor Vehicles.

For further issues with attaining I-94 entry/exit records into or out of the United States, please visit Department of Homeland Security I-94 homepage.

For more information on obtaining an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), you can visit the Internal Revenue Service website.

For any additional questions you may have, feel free to contact us at the general ISAP email address at:

For more complex questions please feel free to make an appointment with one of our advisors. You can do so on our Make an Appointment page.