- May 10, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: Congrats! We're Proud of You! 💯
- May 7, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: Essential Guide! 🖥️
- May 5, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: Alumni Performances + Program Celebrations
- May 3, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: Introducing Your Emcee Extraordinaire! 🎉
- April 30, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: Meet this year's student speakers! 🎉
- April 28, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: What to Expect at the Watch Party! 🎉
- April 26, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: Watch Party Prep! 🎉
- April 16, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: Questions about Class of 2021 Showcase & Gowns 🖼️🎓
- April 13, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: Preparing for the Commencement Ceremony Watch Party 📺
- March 16, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: Deadline Extended 3/22!
- March 15, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: Questionnaire Due TODAY 3/15!
- March 8, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: Submit your Questionnaire by 3/15!
- March 1, 2021: CCA Commencement 2021: Steps to Participate
- February 15, 2021: Commencement Celebratory Experience for Class of 2021
- December 3, 2020: Commencement 2021: Survey Deadline 12/4!
- November 17, 2020: Class of 2021 Commencement: Please share your input!
CCA's 114th Commencement Experience (2021)
Bringing the Ceremony to You
- We will bring CCA to you through a commemorative commencement ceremony watch party on Monday, May 10, 2021 at 11am PDT. The video will feature many of the remarks that you would traditionally experience at CCA's commencement ceremony. (The video will remain available online for your viewing convenience.)
Graduation vs. Commencement
A student graduates upon completion of all academic requirements as recorded on an official transcript. The diploma marks recognition of the degree the student has earned.
Note: Only eligible graduating students have the opportunity to participate in commencement.
The graduation fee is $100. This is a one-time fee that applies whether or not you choose to attend the commencement ceremony. The fee covers the administrative process of your graduation form and the printing and certified mailing of your diploma.
Note: We have waived the Graduation Fee for this year, as we did last year. Students who graduated in Summer or Fall 2020 or will graduate in Spring or Summer 2021 will have their $100 graduation fee credited or refunded
Please read the full email. (sent March 17, 2021)
Steps to Participate in Commencement
CCA has its own interpretation on commencement regalia!
- CCA has a long tradition of wearing tams (the velvety, beret-like cap) instead of the traditional mortar board and tassels. What’s with the tam? Learn more about the origin of this historic CCA tradition.
- As part of the college's commitment to sustainability all gowns are rented through Herff Jones, academic regalia company. Typically the college would cover the rental cost of gowns and distribute them to graduating students during commencement week. Unfortunately we are still determining the safest path forward to celebrate our graduating students given the constant changing state of the pandemic.
- As part of the academic regalia for graduating master students. Hoods are rented along with their gown as part of the college's commitment to sustainability. Similarly to gowns, the rental costs of the hoods are covered by the college. Those students seeking to purchase a master's hood can either search online or purchase directly through Herff Jones. The hood colors are based on conferred degrees: MA - white, MDes - gold, MFA - brown, MBA - drab, and MArch/MAAD - purple.
Purchase Your Academic Regalia (optional)
Commencement Student Advisory Group
The Commencement Student Advisory Group represents the graduating class at Commencement Planning Committee (CPC) meetings to offer insight and provide feedback in planning this year's commencement experience in the wake of the pandemic.
- Saieesha Adlakha (BFA Interior Design)
- Abigayle Cosinuke (MFA Design)
- Morgan Guerra (BFA Photography)
- Quetzalli Jimenez (BFA Illustration)
- Lamont Lamar (BFA Film)
- Ben Lang (DMBA Design Strategy)
- Elisa Lopez (BFA Industrial Design)
- Emily Markert (MA Curatorial Practice)
- Andrea Murchie (DMBA Design Strategy/ MFA Design)
- Shrey Purohit (BFA Illustration)
- Rosy Perez (BFA Animation)
- Marion Rosas (MArch Architecture)
- Jamie Rose Valera (BA History of Art & Visual Culture)
- Navya Sharad (BArch Architecture)
- Shalvi Sharma (MDES Interaction Design)
- Vivian Tov (BFA Illustration)
- Jazmyne Woffard-Jones (BFA Photography)
- Ingrid Yang (BFA Graphic Design)