Staff Forms and Resources
The majority of Human Resource functions are available to all employees in Workday.
Employee self-service items include:
- Timesheets and paystubs
- Compensation and benefit details
- Update personal and emergency contact information
- Enroll in the commuter and parking Flexible Spending Accounts
- Enroll in the 403(b) Retirement Account
- Submit a job requisition for a new position opening or hire a new worker (managers only)
CCA 2021 Employer Postings/Legal Updates
Please find some highlights to important legal updates for employees below.
- AB 2017 – Employees Authorized to Designate Paid Sick Leave Taken for Kin Care. An employee has sole discretion to designate sick leave taken for kin care, i.e., caring for a sick family member. If you are requesting sick time, this can be done in Workday.
- SB 1383 (Expansion of CFRA Leave): This new law expands California’s Family Rights Act for the qualifying reasons for leave to include qualifying urgent needs related to a family member being called to active duty. The bill eliminates prior rights of employers to limit leave to 12 weeks of combined baby-bonding leave when both parents are employees. SB 1383 expands the family member definition to include grandparents, grandchildren, and siblings. For more information, please reference here. For a list of your rights and obligations as a pregnant employee, please reference here.
- AB 2992 – Expanded Protections for Employee Victims of Crime or Abuse. This bill expands these protections by broadly defining "victim" as 1) a victim of stalking, domestic violence or sexual assault, 2) a victim of a crime that caused physical injury or that caused mental injury and a threat of physical injury, and 3) a person whose immediate family member, as defined, died as the direct result of a crime. AB 2992 defines "crime" as "a crime or public offense as set forth in Section 13951 of the Government Code, and regardless of whether any person is arrested for, prosecuted for, or convicted of, committing the crime."
- California's Minimum Wage and Overtime Exempt Salary thresholds increased on January 1, 2021. The hourly rate increased to $14/hour and the exempt annual salary threshold increased to $58,240.
- New COVID-19 Supplemental Sick Time - Recently, the California Governor signed a new bill, "COVID-19 Supplemental Sick Time" which applies retroactively back to January 1, 2021. This bill is similar to the local SF and Oakland Public Health Emergency Leaves (PHEL), which are in place until April 12, 2021 for SF, however the new bill provides additional qualifying reasons to use supplemental sick time.
The new legislation entitles employees 80 hours for any of the below qualifying reasons. This supplemental sick time balance will be applied to all employees, regardless of any time that was used under the PHEL.
- The employee is subject to a quarantine or isolation period related to COVID-19;
- The employee has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19;
- The employee is attending an appointment to receive a vaccine for protection against COVID-19;
- The employee is experiencing symptoms related to a COVID-19 vaccine that prevents the employee from being able to work or telework;
- The employee is experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 and seeking medical diagnosis;
- The employee is caring for a family member who is subject to a quarantine or isolation order or has been advised to self-quarantine;
- The employee is caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed or otherwise unavailable for reasons related to COVID-19 on the premises.
HR Policy Forms
- Initial Complaint Form
- Discrimination and unlawful harassment policy
- Employment process policy
- Family Care and Medical Leave Policy
- Work-related Injury Procedure
- Work-related Injury Report Form
- Policy prohibiting close personal relationships in teaching
- Paid Sick Leave Policy
- Sick-leave donation policy
- Sick leave request or donation
- Staff employees and teaching (at CCA) policy
- Staff handbook
- Tuition Exchange
- Volunteer agreement (hourly employees)
- Volunteer policy