DEIB Community Forum
PDSG is now the DEIB Community Forum
With a new (and returning) slate of leadership and constituency representatives, comes a new name to reflect the evolution of our goals as a CCA community. We have officially sunset as the “President’s Diversity Steering Group” (or PDSG) and emerge this fall as the “DEIB Community Forum.” Indicated by our new name, all members of the CCA community are welcome to attend and participate as ad hoc members. Supported by the Vice President of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, the DEIB Community Forum brings together advocates for racial and social justice to guide the college's fulfillment of its diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging goals.
The DEIB Community Forum - formerly known as the President’s Diversity Steering Group (PDSG) - is composed of key faculty, staff, and students who are advocates for human rights and social justice, and who work together to guide the college's fulfillment of its diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging mission and goals.
This guidance is achieved through:
- Providing and prioritizing strategic and tactical recommendations in regards to diversifying our community, curriculum, and climate;
- Advising the president and other senior administrators on such matters;
- Measuring and communicating the progress the college has made on achieving its goals;
- Ensuring the college is accountable for its continued growth and development with regards to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
DEIB Community Forum Members
- Tricia Brand (she/her), Vice President, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- George Luis Sedano (he/him/él), Vice President, Student Affairs / DEIB Community Forum Co-chair
- TT Takemoto (they/them/theirs), Dean, Humanities & Sciences Division / DEIB Community Forum Co-chair
- Mary Aymor-Thuku (she/her), Executive Assistant and HR Coordinator
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging Task Force:
- Janeece Hayes (she/her) Director, Student Belonging & Inclusion
- Maira Lazdins (she/her), Vice President, Human Resources
- Adriana Lopez Lobovits (she/her), Director, President's Office
- Omer Minhas, Director, Institutional Research
- AJ Elma, Student - Painting & Drawing / Students of Color Coalition
- Tingyu Hsiao, Student - Interaction Design / Student Council - Senior Fellow for Diversity & Inclusion
- David Asari (he/him), Senior Adjunct, Graphic Design / Faculty of Color Alliance
- Genevieve Hyacinthe, Assistant Professor, History of Art and Visual Culture Program / Faculty of Color Alliance (on leave Fall 2022)
- Nancy Chan (she/her), Instructional Technologist, Libraries / Staff Advisory Committee
- Lisa Jonas, Director of Alumni Engagement / MFA Fine Arts 2014
All members of the CCA community are welcome to attend and participate in DEIB Community Forum meetings as ad hoc members. To receive meeting reminders (and access meeting agendas and meeting notes) please add your name to the DEIB Community Forum mailing list - see "Mailing Lists" section for more details.
Meeting Schedule: 2022 - 2023
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, November 2, 2022 - 1PM - 2PM
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023 - 3PM -4PM
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, April 5, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, June 7, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, September 6, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, November 1, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, December 6, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
Meeting Agendas & Notes Archives:
- Please login to your CCA Google account; In Google drive search for DEIB Community Forum Meetings.
If you would like to be added to the mailing lists for the groups below in order to receive important updates and reminders please login to your CCA Google account and click on the links below:
- DEIB Community Forum (click on the "Join Group" link)
- Staff of Color Alliance
- Faculty of Color Alliance
For more information:
CCA Community Recommendations for Racial Justice + Equity Initiatives
Thank you to everyone who submitted a Racial Justice + Equity Initiatives Recommendation Form.
Below is a link to a listing of all the recommendations received, sorted by category.
DEIB Grant Funded Inititatives
DEIB grant funds (formerly known as PDSG Funds) are primarily earmarked to support campus-wide DEIB initiatives and programs. While requests for initiatives that promote DEIB in the broadest sense are welcome, initiatives that focus on topics of domestic racial and ethnic diversity - with the primary audience being CCA students, faculty, staff - receive priority consideration.
Note: Information regarding 2022-2023 DEIB Grants is coming soon.
Banner Photo: Black Lives Matter CCA Community Gathering by: Douglas Sandberg, February 2015
Sponsored by Faculty of Color Research Alliance | Organized by Kim Anno, Professor, Painting & Drawing
Feedback, questions, or suggestions? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org