DEIB Community Forum
The DEIB Community Forum - formerly known as the President’s Diversity Steering Group (PDSG) - is composed of key faculty, staff, and students who are advocates for human rights and social justice, and who work together to guide the college's fulfillment of its diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging mission and goals.
This guidance is achieved through:
- Providing and prioritizing strategic and tactical recommendations in regards to diversifying our community, curriculum, and climate;
- Advising the president and other senior administrators on such matters;
- Measuring and communicating the progress the college has made on achieving its goals;
- Ensuring the college is accountable for its continued growth and development with regards to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
DEIB Community Forum Members
- Tricia Brand (she/her), Vice President, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- George Luis Sedano (he/him/él), Vice President, Student Affairs / DEIB Community Forum Co-chair
- TT Takemoto (they/them), Dean, Humanities & Sciences Division / DEIB Community Forum Co-chair
- Mary Aymor-Thuku (she/her), Executive Assistant and HR Coordinator
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging Task Force:
- Janeece Hayes (she/her) Director, Student Belonging & Inclusion
- Maira Lazdins (she/her), Vice President, Human Resources
- Adriana Lopez Lobovits (she/her), Director, President's Office
- Omer Minhas, Director, Institutional Research
- AJ Elma, Student - Painting & Drawing / Students of Color Coalition Representative
- Androgony King (they/them), Student - Photography / Student Council Representative
- Jen Guo, Student - Architecture / Student Council Representative
- Jiwon Lee, Student - Industrial Design / Student Council Representative
- David Asari (he/him), Senior Adjunct, Graphic Design / Faculty of Color Alliance Representative
- Genevieve Hyacinthe, Assistant Professor, History of Art and Visual Culture Program / Faculty of Color Alliance Representative
- Nancy Chan (she/her), Instructional Technologist, Libraries / Staff Advisory Committee Representative
- Mey Sok (she/her), Mey Sok, Coordinator for Student Belonging & Inclusion / Office of Student Belonging & Inclusion Representative
- Lisa Jonas, MFA Fine Arts 2014 / Director of Alumni Engagement / Office of Alumni Engagement Representative
- Yesenia Aguilar (she/her), BFA Individualized Studies 2019, Alumni Engagement Manager / Office of Alumni Engagement Representative
All members of the CCA community are welcome to attend and participate in DEIB Community Forum meetings as ad hoc members. To receive meeting reminders (and access meeting agendas and meeting notes) please add your name to the DEIB Community Forum mailing list - see "Mailing Lists" section for more details.
Upcoming Meeting Schedule:
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023 - 3PM -4PM
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, April 5, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, June 7, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, November 1, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
- Wednesday, December 6, 2023 - 3PM - 4PM
Meeting Agendas & Notes Archives:
- Please login to your CCA Google account; In Google drive search for DEIB Community Forum Meetings.
If you would like to be added to the mailing lists for the groups below in order to receive important updates and reminders please login to your CCA Google account and click on the links below:
- DEIB Community Forum (click on the "Join Group" link)
- Staff of Color Alliance
- Faculty of Color Alliance
For more information:
DEIB Programming Support
DEIB Programming funds are earmarked to support campus-wide DEIB initiatives and programs. Primarily earmarked to support campus-wide DEIB initiatives and programs, initiatives that focus on topics of racial and ethnic community topics in the U.S. context - with the primary audience being CCA students, faculty, staff - will receive priority consideration.
CCA Community Recommendations for Racial Justice + Equity Initiatives
Thank you to everyone who submitted a Racial Justice + Equity Initiatives Recommendation Form.
Below is a link to a listing of all the recommendations received, sorted by category.
Banner Photo: Black Lives Matter CCA Community Gathering by: Douglas Sandberg, February 2015
Sponsored by Faculty of Color Research Alliance | Organized by Kim Anno, Professor, Painting & Drawing
Feedback, questions, or suggestions? Please email: email@example.com