Summer Financial Aid
All students applying for summer financial aid must submit a 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the U.S. Department of Education. Students should submit their FAFSA online by the priority deadline of Wednesday, March 2, 2023.
Summer students may also be eligible for Federal Pell Grant and Federal Direct Loans. Federal Grant and loan funds received during the summer term are counted toward life-time grant limits and aggregate borrowing totals (the total outstanding loan principal you may borrow as a student). The receipt of federal aid for the summer term will be counted toward the total eligibility students have for receiving financial aid at CCA.
- Students who enroll in a minimum of 6 required units during the summer may be eligible to receive Federal Direct Loans. Please see the estimated summer loan amount chart which refers to full loan eligible amounts (*If you are nearing your aggregate loan limits, your loans will be prorated).
- Students completing their degree requirements in the summer will also have their federal loan amounts prorated based on enrollment. Eligibility for all federal financial aid will be determined once the student's 2023–24 financial aid file is complete and the student is enrolled.
- Students selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education must submit all required documents to the Financial Aid Office prior to receiving a finalized award notification for the 2023–24 academic year.
- To ensure you receive your summer aid award letter in a timely manner, submit all of your required documents and enroll as soon as possible. The sooner you do, the sooner you will receive a finalized award notification.
Financial Aid for Summer Study On-Campus Courses
- CCA scholarships, ranging from $700 to $2,100, are available to current CCA students who received a need-based CCA scholarship in the 2022-23 academic year and who enroll in a minimum of 3 required units of on-campus summer coursework.
- Students may also be eligible to receive Federal Pell Grant funding who qualify after filing their 2023-24 FAFSA application. All units must apply toward their degree to be eligible for scholarships which are scaled to reflect expenses for summer enrollment and will be awarded based on financial need, academic merit, and enrollment.
Students interested in financial aid should file their 2023-24 FAFSA information prior to registering. Students should review the estimated summer awards chart to determine an estimate of how much summer financial aid they will receive. Charges in excess of financial aid award amounts must be paid at the time of registration. After March 25th, students who have registered in summer courses will begin to receive their award letters reflecting summer, fall and spring semesters. Should enrollment plans for the summer change, your financial aid may be adjusted or cancelled.
Financial Aid for Summer Study Abroad Courses
- Loans are available for students who are interested in taking a CCA sponsored study abroad course and are planning on enrolling in a minimum of 6 units. Units can be a combination of on-campus and study abroad courses to meet the minimum requirement. Students may also be eligible to receive Federal Pell Grant funding who qualify after filing their 2023-24 FAFSA application
- Students who attend CCA-sponsored study abroad courses may be eligible for federal financial aid. CCA scholarships are not available for study abroad courses. The tuition for these courses is discounted and typically include housing costs.
- Students enrolling in CCA-sponsored study-abroad courses must complete the FAFSA by February 22nd, and register in a minimum of 6 required units to ensure priority processing. Prior to registration, all potential balances must be paid in full.
- After March, students who have registered in at least 6 units will begin to receive their award letters reflecting summer, fall and spring semesters. Should enrollment plans for the summer change, your financial aid may be adjusted or cancelled. Feel free to contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions regarding summer awarding.
Summer Abroad Course Registration
- Please be advised there is a $50 nonrefundable registration fee. Review the summer withdrawal & refund policy for deadlines and additional information. Financial Aid award notifications will be available only after all required documentation has been submitted and reviewed by the Financial Aid Office and you have enrolled in summer courses.
Please note: enrollment changes may result in adjustments to your summer financial aid.
Changes to your summer schedule after your first course has started may be considered a withdrawal and could impact your eligibility. Students are responsible for all charges that result from a withdrawal. For more information, see Financial Aid Policies or contact the Financial Aid Office prior to making course changes.