Academic Affairs Staff
Staff in the Office of Academic Affairs support faculty and other academic staff in their efforts to educate students to shape culture through the practice and critical study of the arts. We are dedicated to improving educational resources across the college, working closely with deans, program chairs, faculty, instructional support areas, and the Office of Student Affairs to enhance student learning.
Jump to a section
- Academic Affairs Functional Teams
- Academic Operations, Information Systems and Curriculum Management
- External Engagement, Partnerships & Programs
- Graduate Affairs & Community Engagement
- Undergraduate Program Management, Academic Services & Curricular Events
- Academic Affairs Divisional Leadership & Staff
- Academic Deans
- Divisional Staff
- Youth Programs & Continuing Education
- Academic Program Advising & Planning
- Learning Resource Center
- Faculty Affairs & Records
- Exhibitions & Public Programming
- Academic Affairs Leadership
Academic Operations Functional Teams
Academic Operations Functional Teams are teams of project managers working under a director to provide support in key administrative operations areas throughout the academic year.
Academic Operations, Information Systems and Curriculum Management
- Serves as the primary administrative partner for the BSO, Technology Services, Library Services, Student Records, and Enrollment Management;
- oversees all academic systems (Workday, Coursdog, e-Catalog, Moodle, Portal, Vault);
- manages course scheduling and curriculum changes for all programs;
- and creates and maintains training documentation, guidelines, and videos for faculty and staff.
External Engagement & Programs
- Works with the Divisional Deans and Advancement to coordinate external partnerships, sponsorships, and grants for all programs;
- oversees student internships processes and corporate relationships;
- manages public events, external communications, and social media;
- and serves as the primary administrative partner between the Divisional Deans, Advancement, CAPL, Career Services and MarCom.
Graduate Affairs & Community Engagement
- Works with Graduate Chairs and Divisional Deans to plan advising, recruiting, and Student Services for all graduate programs;
- manages the TA process, Student Travel Awards, scholarships, and field trip funding for graduate programs;
- oversees DEIB initiatives, graduate community engagement events;
- and are the primary administrative partner with OSBI, Graduate Admissions and Student Affairs.
Undergraduate Program Management, Academic Services & Curricular Events
- Oversees operations for all undergraduate programs, including UG Faculty Searches;
- coordinates required materials information and studio support for undergraduate and graduate courses;
- provides support for YPCE in the summer semester;
- manages curricular exhibitions and final crits planning;
- and is the primary administrative partner with Studio/Shops/Facilities Operations, Exhibitions, and Undergraduate Admissions.
Academic Affairs Divisional Leadership & Staff
The Deans are the academic leaders who define the mission, goals, and priorities for their divisions.
The Assistant Directors and divisional staff facilitate the ongoing administrative operations for the divisions, and provide direct support for deans, program chairs, and faculty.
Youth Programs and Continuing Education
You like adventures and experiences. We make them happen.
This team manages
Academic Program Advising & Planning
Academic advisors work closely with students to navigate short and long-term planning toward degree completion by developing strategic application of resources and understanding of policies. We collaborate with partners to evaluate academic needs and inform improvements to the academic experience.
Learning Resource Center
The Learning Resource Center is a team of about 15-20 CCA students (undergraduate and graduate) and 3 faculty/staff members who serve as coaches in all academic subject areas.
Faculty Affairs & Records
This team assists faculty with navigating their employment at CCA including
- promotion reviews,
- course evaluations,
- and accommodations requests.
Exhibitions & Public Programming
- Oversees exhibitions and event programming in the CCA Campus Gallery;
- Operates PLAySPACE, a graduate student-run exhibition program;
- Leads strategic initiatives such as Creative Citizens in Action, the Deborah and Kenneth Novack Creative Citizens Series, Rewind Review Respond, the CCA Voting Coalition, and Showcase;
- Collaborates with the Undergraduate Program Management functional team to organize Fine Arts Senior Exhibitions and End-of-Year Exhibition strategies;
- Serves as a consultation resource for faculty, staff, and students planning exhibitions on CCA’s campus.