Counseling Services is committed to personal development and professional advancement of students engaged in an arts-based educational environment fostering creativity, curiosity, and diversity. Counseling Services encourages student success and well-being by providing a broad spectrum of mental health services, including individual and couples therapy, crisis intervention, consultation, referral, workshops on mental health topics, and outreach.
CCA mental health crisis hotline: 510.594.5099.
**Due to COVID-19 and the Work-From-Home Orders, Counseling will be offered and taking place online, for students who qualify. Please visit our Tele-Mental-Health page to learn more. **
- Spring 2021 appointments will be available online starting Tuesday January 19th, 2021 and will be available until May 14th 2021.
- Scheduling for appointments for the Spring 2021 Semester will be available starting on Tuesday, January 12th 2021 and will be open for scheduling until May 11th, 2021. Please visit our Tele-Mental-Health page to learn how to schedule an appointment.
- Summer 2021 appointments will be available online starting Monday June 7th, 2021 and will be available until Tuesday July 27th, 2021.
- Students are eligible for up to 8 sessions over the summer as long as they were enrolled in spring 2021 classes and are enrolled in fall 2021 , these sessions are offered in addition to the 10 sessions per fall/spring academic year.
- Scheduling for appointments for the Summer 2021 Semester will be available starting on Friday, June 4th 2021. Please visit our Tele-Mental-Health page to learn how to schedule an appointment.
- Phone consultations and referrals will continue at 510 594 3670 and our crisis hotline is available 24/7, 365 at 510 594 5099.
Tools and Tips That Will Support Your Self-care Journey
Resources and Information for Coping with COVID-19