Employee Mental Health & Wellness Resources
CCA is committed to its employees' well-being. Please see below for resources related to wellness.
Jump to a section...
Claremont Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Overview and Counseling Benefits
CCA provides benefit eligible employees with support for a wide variety of challenges through the Claremont Employee Assistance Program (EAP}. If you or a family member in the immediate household needs assistance with personal, family or work-life balance issues, you can contact the EAP for confidential assistance. Benefits include up to 8 counseling sessions per incident per rolling 12 months, and referrals to help you deal with a wide variety of items, such as:
- Marital and family relationships
- Job related stressors
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Parent and child relationships
- Grief and loss
- Various other work or life challenges
You can access your EAP benefits 24/7 by calling 800-834-3773 or by visiting claremonteap.com.
Legal, Financial and Work/Life Assistance
The EAP provides you with quick and confidential access to help for legal and/or financial questions and services you may need.
- Legal Consultation: Up to 30 minutes of free consultation, either over the phone or in person. A 25%discount is available for any services beyond the initial consultation. Free "Simple Will" kits are available upon request.
- Financial Consultation: Up to 30 minutes of free consultation with a financial coach is available at no cost. Financial specialists are able to assist employees/family members with topics such as budgeting, retirement planning, debt consolidation, ID theft, financial planning and auto and real estate purchasing.
- Work/Life Referrals: The EAP provides unlimited nationwide referrals for child care, elder care, school/ college, adoption, daily living including pet care.
Claremont's Personal Advantage (CPA) Online Resources
You have access to tools, resources and experts who can help with many of the day-to-day things that can happen in life. Unlimited access is provided to Claremont's Personal Advantage (CPA) for articles, webinars, resources, videos and assessments about health, finance, legal issues, personal growth, stress, family life and more. Go to claremonteap.com, click on the "Personal Advantage" tab at the top and register using company name CCA.
- Bike Share: CCA participates in the Bay Wheels Corporate Membership program. CCA employees may receive $30 off an annual membership.
- Shuttles: The Mission Bay Shuttle is free to all employees.
Please visit the portal's Transportation page for more details on these services and other transportation related information.
Blue Shield Mental Health & Wellness Resources
In Person Mental Health and Substance Use Care Benefits
- In person mental health benefits and substance use care benefits are provided through Blue Shield's Mental Health Service Administrator (MHSA). Click here for the Blue Shield Mental Health resources landing page.
- Your Blue Shield of California health plan provides coverage for non-emergency inpatient and outpatient mental health and substance use care.
How to Access
- Call the MHSA at (877) 263-9952 for immediate assistance or help finding a network provider.
- You can also search for a provider in the Find a Doctor tool at blueshieldca.com.
Teladoc Behavioral Health Service Overview
- Teladoc Behavioral Health Service allows you to connect with a clinician by phone, video or app. Click here for an overview of this benefit.
- Clinicians available include psychiatrists, licensed psychologists, therapists and clinical social workers
- Appointments available 7 days/week, 7 am. to 9 pm in member’s time zone
- Ongoing support with the same provider is available
How to access:
- For questions or to make an appointment, contact Teladoc at 1 (800) 835-2362 or download the app at teladoc.com/bsc.
LifeReferrals 24/7 Overview
- In addition to CCA’s Claremont EAP benefit, Blue Shield members also have access to a similar benefit through LifeReferrals 24/7. Click here for an overview of this benefit.
- LifeReferrals 24/7 offers convenient and confidential support to help you meet life’s challenges for no copayment or extra cost.
- You will be guided to the appropriate service based on your needs, such as personal counseling, legal assistance, financial coaching, identity theft resolution and more!
How to Access:
- Call LifeReferrals 24/7 toll-free, anytime, at (800) 985-2405
- Or visit lifereferrals.com and enter the access code: bsc
Blue Shield’s Wellvolution Program
Blue Shield’s Wellvolution program connects members to proven resources to manage and improve health through coaching, lifestyle medicine, meditation, and mental health support and counseling. These programs and resources are vetted by Blue Shield and offer accessible apps based on the latest in science and lifestyle medicine to help members improve their health. Examples of just some of the programs offered are listed below.
- Ginger offers on-demand, confidential mental healthcare through coaching and self-guided activities.Through the Ginger app, members can connect with a team of coaches via text, 24/7, 365 days a year. For those in need of additional support, a therapist or psychiatrist can be added to their care team for video sessions. For more information go to www.wellvolution.com/mentalhealth or click here for more details.
- Maven is the leading virtual clinic for individuals planning, growing, and raising families. Maven provides on-demand coaching and educational telehealth appointments with specialists and coaches 24/7, 365 days a year, along with personalized clinical content, and community forums. Click here for more information. Get started today! Visit blueshieldca.com/maven to enroll.
- Eat healthy and feel good on your own terms with Fitness Your Way (FYW). The gym membership program, available through Tivity Health, offers special rates to Blue Shield members. You and your dependents who are age 18 and older are eligible. Enroll today at fitnessyourway.tivityhealth.com/bsc.
Enrollment is easy! You will need access to a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Use Chrome if registering using a computer. Customer Service is available on the Wellvolution platform via Instant Chat, E-mail and Telephonic Support at 1-866-671-9644 6:00am through 6:00pm PST.
- Create an account with a password at wellvolution.com.
- Enter your member ID
- You will need to answer a multiple-choice questionnaire of about 10-15 questions to confirm your health goals and match you with the provider you want, or a provider the system recommends to you.
Once a member has registered for Wellvolution, they can access Everyday Choices via their dashboard - exercise videos, health content, and recipe library. The Wellvolution platform also includes on demand workout videos led by fitness experts as well as a recipe library.
Kaiser Mental Health & Wellness Resources
Kaiser Mental Health Services Overview
Click here to find your nearest location to call for an appointment. When you call, Kaiser will assess your needs and offer you a phone, video, or in-person appointment with a mental health specialist, if appropriate, for nonurgent mental health concerns. You don't need a referral to access mental health services from a Kaiser Permanente provider. Evening and weekend calls will be automatically connected to their after-hours call center.
Kaiser Wellness Programs
Kaiser members can take advantage of the following programs at no additional cost (unless otherwise specified):
Kaiser Digital Apps
Kaiser members can try Calm and myStrength at no cost. These apps, which are recommended by Kaiser Permanente clinicians, help with sleep, stress, anxiety, and more. Click here to get started.
Classes and Support Groups
Connecting with others who share similar experiences can be incredibly powerful. Kaiser's classes and support groups are taught by trained instructors, designed to help you strengthen relationships, change unhealthy behaviors, cope with stress, and more. Some classes may require a fee. Click here for more information.
Healthy Lifestyle Programs
Get personalized advice, encouragement, and support to reach your health goals — entirely online at no cost to Kaiser Permanente members. Click here for more information.
Linkedin Leaning (available to all permanent staff members) offers a variety of courses and articles related to well-being. Check out a sample of these offerings below.
The New Mental Health Crisis Dialing Code (Available to All)
Similar to dialing 911 for medical emergencies, people in emotional distress or suicidal crisis can call or text 988 and be connected immediately to trained counselors who will listen, provide support and connect them to resources if necessary. The three-digit dialing code is new, but the Lifeline is not. Previously known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, callers only reached the 24/7 national crisis hotline by dialing 1-800-273-8255 (TALK). The easy-to-remember dialing code (988) is meant to replace that number; however, callers will still be connected to the same services, regardless of which number is used.