- At California College of the Arts (CCA), we understand that providing healthcare benefits is one important way we care for our employees and their families. The guides (to the right of the page) provides an overview of your benefits and the information you will need to to make the choices that are right for you and your eligible dependents for the 2019 benefits plan year.
Overview of CCA Benefits available for benefits-eligible employees:
- Medical Benefits
- Blue Shield - HMO/PPO/TRIO/or HDHP
- Kaiser - Northern/Southern Plans
- Dental Benefits
- Dental Buy Up
- Vision Benefits (VSP)
- Tax Savings Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits: Transit & Parking Accounts
- Income Protection
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Life & AD&D
- Short Term Disability (CASDI)
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Benefits
- Retirement matching up to 5%, vested after 2 years
To learn more about benefits offered by California College of the Arts please view our 2019 Benefit Guide.
Overview of CCA Benefits available for non-benefits eligible employees
- Participation in CCA's 403(b) Retirement Plans
- Transportation Resources and options
- More information can be found on transportation resources, including the CCA subsidized Intercampus and Mission Bay Shuttle, can be found here.
San Francisco Health Care Security Ordinance (HCSO)
HCSO requires CCA to make health care expenditures on an covered employee's behalf, even if the employee already has health insurance and/or receives health care services from another employer.
CCA chooses to participate in the SF City Option program and makes payments on a covered employee's behalf each quarter. Once this deposit is made each quarter an email notification is sent to to the employee with instructions on how to access these funds.
With some exceptions, an employee is covered by the Health Care Security Ordinance if the Employee works for an Employer covered by the HCSO and:
- Is entitled to be paid the minimum wage
- Has been employed by the Employer for at least 90 calendar days; and
- Works at least 8 hours per week in San Francisco
If you have questions or concerns please contact Human Resources at 510-594-3700, option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.