At California College of the Arts (CCA), we understand that providing healthcare benefits is one important way we care for our employees and their families. The guides (to the right of the page) provides an overview of your benefits and the information you will need to make the choices that are right for you and your eligible dependents for the 2021 benefit plan year. Please also take a moment to review updated benefit information related to COVID-19 by clicking here. More information can also be found below.
Overview of CCA Benefits Available for Benefit Eligible Employees
- Medical Benefits
- Blue Shield - HMO/PPO/TRIO/or HDHP
- Kaiser - Northern/Southern HMO Plans or HDHP
- Dental Benefits
- Dental Core Plan
- Dental Buy Up
- Vision Benefits (VSP)
- MetLife Voluntary Plans (Critical Illness, Accident, Hospital, Legal, Life)
- Tax Savings Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits: Transit & Parking Accounts
- Income Protection
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Life & AD&D
- Short-Term Disability (CASDI)
- Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Benefits
- Retirement matching up to 2.5%, vested after 2 years
To learn more about benefits offered by California College of the Arts please view our 2021 Benefit Guide.
Overview of CCA Benefits Available for Non-Benefit Eligible Employees
- Participation in CCA's 403(b) Retirement Plans
- Transportation Resources and Options
- All currently payrolled employees may contribute to transit and parking flexible spending accounts. This allows you to pay for transit (Clipper for BART, Muni, Ferries) and qualified parking on a pre-tax basis. Click here for how to make these elections in Workday.
- More information can be found here on transportation resources, which includes the Mission Bay Shuttle.
Overview of Benefits for Outside of Local Area Employees
Employees Who Permanently Live (Or Plan To Live) Out Of State
- Update your home address in Workday with your primary residence
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which city and state or US territory you are (or will be) living in (so that we can make sure you are set up properly for tax and benefits purposes)
- You will lose access to California state disability insurance (SDI). This means that if you are unable to work due to a matter that would qualify under SDI, you will not receive income replacement benefits until after 180 days, which is when CCA’s paid long-term disability insurance would commence (for benefits eligible employees).
- Some US states require the employer to purchase an SDI plan in that state to be in compliance. You will be notified if this applies to you.
- If you are in a benefits eligible position, you may need to adjust your benefit elections so that they are accessible in your state of residence. If this applies to you, you will receive a task in your Workday inbox to make the benefit changes.
- You will need to select the Blue Shield PPO or HDHP to access medical care in your area. Your dental and vision plans should remain effective outside of the local area. Please review the benefits guide linked above for more information.
- You will be registered for Worker’s Compensation in your state of residence
San Francisco Health Care Security Ordinance (HCSO)
HCSO requires CCA to make health care expenditures on a covered employee's behalf, even if the employee already has health insurance and/or receives health care services from another employer.
CCA chooses to participate in the SF City Option program and makes payments on a covered employee's behalf each quarter. Once this deposit is made each quarter an email notification is sent to the employee with instructions on how to access these funds.
With some exceptions, an employee is covered by the Health Care Security Ordinance if the Employee works for an Employer covered by the HCSO and:
- Is entitled to be paid the minimum wage
- Has been employed by the Employer for at least 90 calendar days; and
- Works at least 8 hours per week in San Francisco
If you have questions or concerns please contact Human Resources at 510-594-3700, option 1 or email email@example.com.