Sewing and Fabrication of Soft Materials
9a-5p Monday-Friday: by Reservation Only
Please contact email@example.com with any concerns.
Main Building Rm. 112-113
Spring 2021: On-Campus Studio Access
CCA will be reopening access to on-campus studios and shops as permitted to do so by the San Francisco and Alameda Departments of Public Health (DPH). Please see the CCA Portal page Hybrid Studio Resources for more information.
About the Soft Lab
Welcome to the Soft Lab! Home of the Electronic Embroidery Machine. In the Soft Lab students can create fabric, textile and woven based projects!
This space serves as the primary “soft goods” fabrication spaces for non-fashion students at CCA and a “spill over” fabrication space for fashion students.
Specializing in These Materials
Tools and Equipment
- Grommet & Snap Press Machine
- JUKI DDL 8700 1-needle, Lockstitch Machine
- JUKI DNU-1541s (Walking Stitch Machine)
- Cobra NP-4 Leather Skiving Machine
- Face Mask Sewing Patterns
- How to paint on Fabric ?
- How to Felt Wool?
- Basic Millinery ( Head Apparels)
- How to use Buckram
- How to install Grommet (Eyelet)
- How to make a Backpack