Sewing and Fabrication of Soft Materials
As of Monday 3/20/2020, CCA Campuses will be accessible ONLY TO RETRIEVE PERSONAL AND WORK ITEMS.
Students, Faculty, and Staff may access the campuses during the following times:
SF Campus: Tuesday and Thursdays 11a-1p
Oakland Campus: Monday and Wednesdays 11a-1p
When you arrive at campus contact Public Safety:
SF patrol: 415-726-2061, Oakland patrol: 510-385-1821
Public Safety will meet you, check your ID, have you sign in, provide necessary access, and wait until you leave to secure the building.
For the safety and security of all, PLEASE BRING YOUR CCA ID TO SHOW THE PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER!
Main Building Rm. 112-113
CCA Shops and Studios remain closed and inaccessible for project work until further notice.
Please contact the Studio Manager with any concerns.
- The California Department of Public Health has extended the statewide stay at home order through May 3. Do not leave home except for essential activities.
- CCA has developed a Portal Page link concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates available here.
- CCA has suspended in-person instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. All classes will be taught remotely beginning Monday, March 30, following spring break.
Workplace Guidelines for CCA employees are available here.
About the Soft Lab
Welcome to the Soft Lab! Home of the Electronic Embroidery Machine. In the Soft Lab students can create fabric, textile and woven based projects!
This space serves as the primary “soft goods” fabrication spaces for non-fashion students at CCA and a “spill over” fabrication space for fashion students.
Specializing in These Materials
Tools and Equipment
- Grommet & Snap Press Machine
- JUKI DDL 8700 1-needle, Lockstitch Machine
- JUKI DNU-1541s (Walking Stitch Machine)
- Cobra NP-4 Leather Skiving Machine
- Face Mask Sewing Patterns
- How to paint on Fabric ?
- How to Felt Wool?
- Basic Millinery ( Head Apparels)
- How to use Buckram
- How to install Grommet (Eyelet)
- How to make a Backpack