Need Help?

Skip to Content

CCA Portal


Medical Emergencies

Last updated on May 15, 2024

In Case of Emergency

Medical or Mental Health Emergencies

  • Call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room

Urgent, Non-Emergency Mental Health Concerns

  • Call CCA's mental health crisis hotline number: 415.551-9344 (available 24/7)

Campus-Related Emergencies

Urgent Care vs Emergency Care

Is it urgent ... or an emergency? Important information for all students enrolled in the CCA Student Insurance Plan (which includes Aetna health insurance):

  • Helping you know when to visit the ER, urgent care or walk-in clinic:
  • To access your health insurance information (including your Aetna Health ID Card) see instructions at:
  • To find a list of emergency rooms and urgent care centers, etc. that are considered in-network for Aetna, please do one of the following:
    • Visit and choose “California College of the Arts” as your school. From there, you can search for the nearest facility.
    • Call the Aetna Student Support line directly to speak with an Aetna representative and they will help you find a doctor or facility that is in network based on your location and zipcode.
      • Call Aetna Student Support at 1-877-480-4161.
      • Dial "0" to skip to speak with an Aetna representative.

  • If you are not experiencing an emergency situation, you have two options:
    • Call Aetna's 24/7 Nurse Advice Line: 800.556.1555.
    • Reach out to One Medical.
      • They serve as a primary healthcare provider, accept CCA's student insurance (through Aetna), and can provide advice regarding care and next steps.
      • As a member, you have access to 24/7/365 virtual care by phone, email, and video conference, a mobile app for appointment scheduling and prescription refills, personal health coaching, and referrals to a network of specialists.
      • If you have not yet activated your free OneMedical membership:
        • Visit, select the "Activate Now" button, and follow the instructions.
        • Contact One Medical Customer service: 1-888-ONEMED1 (1-888-663-6331)


The following list of facilities is for informational purposes only.

  • If you have an urgent medical situation and are unsure about your medical coverage, but you are well enough to make a phone call, please call your insurance company to find out your coverage information; otherwise, you should go to the closest hospital.

Emergency Rooms

Urgent Care Centers

Emergency Contact Information

Help Us Support You in an Emergency

Complete Workday Inbox Items

  • When students experience a crisis during their time at CCA, staff are here to offer support.
  • Please help us to help you by making sure that your contact information and emergency contacts are always up-to-date.
  • Since some students' information changes during their time at CCA, we are asking all students to confirm that their information is accurate each semester.

Continuing Students:

  • Check your Workday inbox for the following tasks:
    • Update My Emergency Contacts
    • Update My Primary Home Address
  • Complete each task using the buttons within your Workday inbox tasks.
  • Troubleshooting Tips:
    • For "Update Emergency Contacts," add "Emergency Contact" to the "Relationship Type" field, or the task will not be complete. Adding "Emergency Contact" will resolve this common error.
    • Check out the brief step-by-step video for details about how to resolve errors & submit the tasks!
  • Since you’re in Workday

Newly Admitted Students:



Rave is the campus wide emergency response network that quickly informs the community about any situation that poses a threat to safety. In the event of a campus emergency, email alerts will be automatically sent to all CCA email addresses. All CCA Community Members (Students, Staff and Faculty) are automatically enrolled to receive Texts and Email messages via their personal contact information on file in their "Workday" profile.

More information:


Appointed Guardians

  • California College of the Arts cannot act in the place of the parent or guardian for minors.
  • If you are under the age of 18, you are required to have your parent/guardian submit a signed statement to California College of the Arts designating the person(s) who will serve as your appointed guardian.

Urgent Medical Treatment

  • In the event of a personal emergency, accident, or illness, the State of California will require the signature of a guardian before medical care can be obtained.
  • If you are under the age of 18, you should provide a signed authorization form granting CCA the ability to consent to medical treatment in urgent situations when your parents/guardians cannot be reached.

One Medical

  • One Medical‘s policy is that minors may be able to consent to their care without a parent or guardian present depending on the nature of their concern.
  • If a minor arrives without a parent or guardian, the provider will determine if consent is needed.
  • If both the minor and the parent agree to it, parents/guardians may fill out a consent form to remain on file in the minor's account.