Finding Your Courses - Students
Jump to a section
Log in to Moodle
To access the Moodle homepage, go to moodle.cca.edu. Click the log in link in the upper righthand corner.
This will take you to the CAS login page, where you can enter your CCA username and password.
Your Moodle Dashboard
Once logged in, you will see your Moodle Dashboard, which has a number of useful items, a few of which are outlined below.
Latest news and Announcements
Whenever you log into Moodle, make sure to read any new content in the Announcement block at the top of the dashboard page. You can also find past announcements archived in the Latest news block on the right side of the page.
Your courses are listed in the Course overview block, shown in order by the most recent semester.
If one of your current or upcoming courses is not shown, the course site may still be hidden by the instructor, or the instructor may not be using Moodle for the course. Contact your instructor(s) to check first, and if necessary, contact the Help Desk for further assistance.
Moodle navigation menu
On the left side of every Moodle page you'll find a navigation menu, by which you can get to your course pages or return to your Moodle dashboard.
You can dock/show this menu by clicking the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the upper-left corner of the screen.
Your Course Page
Getting to your course page(s)
The Course overview block shows all the classes that you are enrolled in (though you can apply display filters). Click on the course you'd like to view. You can also navigate to a course by clicking on the course name in the dashboard menu on the left.
Course page overview
When you click on a course from your dashboard, you are directed to the course page. The course page, if your instructor is using Moodle for the semester, is where you will find written descriptions, links to websites, files to download, as well as Moodle activities like assignments, quizzes and forums.
- Moodle Navigation Menu: From your course page, the navigation menu displays tabs for each course topic or section in the course.
- General Section: The topmost section on your Moodle course page contains resources and activities that you'll likely need to reference throughout the term, such as course announcements or the syllabus.
- Topic Title: Each topic, session, or section will have a title. Click on the title to get to the detail page for that topic, which may display additional information not shown on the homepage.
- Activities and Resources: Content associated with individual topics or sections (or put in the General section), these may include assignments, readings, forums, quizzes, and more.
- Mark as Complete: Depending on how your instructor has configured course activities, you may be able to manually mark when you've completed an activity by checking these boxes. In other cases, assignments will automatically show completion after you have interacted with the element (such as submitting an assignment or posting a comment).
- Additional Blocks: Your instructor may also post content in a third column on the right side of the screen, such as attendance information, PDF links, quizzes, and other assignments.