Payment Plans and Methods
- The Fall 2022 billing statements are now available for students who are registered in classes. Please check your cca.edu email for important information and next steps.
- The first Fall 2022 payment is due on August 1st and we have a grace period until August 15th to avoid the late fee. Students who pay after August 15th will be charged a $150 late fee.
- Interest- free payment plans are available for each semester (Fall and Spring).
- Students can login to Touchnet using their Workday username and password to view their account activity/bill, make a payment and enroll in a payment plan.
- Students can enroll in a payment plan by following the guide on how to enroll in a plan. Payment plan enrollments are per semester, not the full academic year.
- We charge a $25 nonrefundable payment plan enrollment fee per plan, per term/semester.
Tuition, health insurance, miscellaneous fees, housing and meal plan are due in full at the time of registration, unless a student is signed up for one of the college’s payment plans (see below).
A late fee of $150 will be charged for a term/semester's initial payment that is not made by the due dates of August 1 for Fall and December 1 for Spring.
A late fee of $50 will be charged to subsequent late payments or unpaid balances, or both. This also includes balances that remain due as a result of unsecured financial aid.
We give a grace period through the 15th of each month to avoid the late fee.
Full Semester Payment
- Fall - due August 1
- Spring - due December 1
Half-and-Half Semester Plan
- Fall - half due July 1 & September 1
- Spring - half due December 1 & February 1
Monthly Payment Plans
- Fall 5 Month Semester Plan - five equal payments due: July 1, August 1, September 1, October 1 and November 1
- Fall 4 Month Semester Plan - four equal payments due: August 1, September 1, October 1, and November 1
- Spring 5 Month Semester Plan - five equal payments due: December 1, January 1, February 1, March 1, and April 1
Students who are applying for financial aid and who have yet to complete their financial aid file by August 1 for the fall term (or by December 1 for the spring term), should be prepared to make the required initial payment without financial aid to either register or secure any preregistered courses.
Student Accounts is not accepting in-person payments. Students can login to Touchnet using their Workday username and password to view the bill, make a payment and enroll in a payment plan.
Login to Workday to pay with a credit card or e-check. We do not charge any fees if you pay by credit card.
- Please follow the step by step guide on how to make a payment.
- If you are enrolled in a Touchnet payment plan, please follow these instructions on how to pay your installment payment due.
Check or Money Order
If you are unable to pay online, please read the details below.
Please make the check or money order payable to California College of the Arts or CCA. Please include the student’s full name and student ID number on the check or money order. You may mail to:
California College of the Arts
Student Accounts Office
1111 Eighth Street
San Fransisco, CA 94107
Please do not mail the check payment to our Oakland Office.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for wire instructions.
Financial Aid Award Payment
Students who apply for financial aid and have yet to complete their financial aid file by August 1 for the fall term, or by December 1 for the spring term (or closest business day), should be prepared to make the required initial payment to either register to secure any pre registered courses.
All types of financial aid -- with the exception of federal work-study -- will be automatically credited to a student's account once his or her financial aid file has been completed.
Any aid awarded in excess of institutional charges will be refunded to the student. If a Federal PLUS loan is credited to a student's account, any refund amount will be mailed to the parent or legal guardian.
Refund checks are mailed automatically, so students are responsible for ensuring their billing address is correct and up to date with Student Accounts. Students who need to update their billing address may do so via Workday.