Make a Payment on Account-Step by Step Guide
Summer 2019 and subsequent terms should be paid for through Workday.
- Fall billing information can be found in the following link: Billing Information
- This guide explains making payments via Workday. You can only pay online for Summer 2019 and later terms, so Fall 2019 as well.
- You will need to call Student Accounts to pay for previous terms (Spring 2019 and older).
1. Log in to Workday
a. Go to workday.cca.edu, and log in using your CCA Account credentials.
2. View the Finances Dashboard
a. Under Applications, click the Finances icon.
b. The resulting screen is your Finances Dashboard, from which you can view:
- Your Account Activity, such as total account balance and balance due.
- Refer to the Fall 19'-Spring 20' billing worksheet to calculate your balance due for Fall 19' - Spring 20'
- Financial Aid Action Items, or steps you need to complete in order to receive financial aid awards.
- A menu of major tasks/reports related to both financial aid and payments on your account.
- See the Sign Up for Direct Deposit of Refund Checks: Step by Step Guide for help setting up Payment Elections for student account refunds.
- See the View Financial Aid (Accept/Decline Awards) Step by Step Guide for further guidance on financial aid tasks.
3. Check Your Account Details
a. Click the View Details link within the Account Activity tile.
- Total Account Balance shows the total amount owed on your account, regardless of due date.
- Due Now is the sum of your past due charges and current due charges, minus any anticipated (secured) financial aid and pending payments. Any financial aid that has pending requirements will not display here (ie: incomplete promissory note paperwork, unaccepted aid, etc.).
- Both of these numbers are also visible from the Account Activity summary view on the Finances Dashboard (see step 2b above).
- For Fall 19- Spring 20': insurance waivers will not deduct in Workday until after the add/drop period, you will need to fill out a billing worksheet to calculate your amount due. Insurance waivers will be deducted from accounts AFTER the add/drop period of each semester.
- Refer to the Fall 19'-Spring 20' Billing Worksheet to calculate your balance due for Fall 19' - Spring 20'.
- Alternatively, click View Account Activity in the task menu (under the My Account section).
b. On the detailed Account Activity page, you’ll see Transactions, a line-by-line list of charges and payments made on your account (including relevant dates).
c. Click the Due Now Details subtab for an itemization of current and past due charges, and pending aid and payments.
4. Make a payment on the Touchnet payment site:
a. Navigate back to the Finances Dashboard.
b. Click Make a Payment via Touchnet Bill+Pay in the task menu (under the My Account section).
- The Touchnet website (CCA's payment processor) will open in a separate browser tab.
c. The initial screen shows pertinent announcements and account balance information. Review this information as needed.
d. Click the Make Payment button to initiate a payment.
e. Specify the amount you would like to pay.
- Set the Payment Date for when you want the transaction to go through.
- This field defaults to the current day, but you may select a future date—with no limit—for the payment to process.
- This only controls a single payment and should not be mistaken for an auto-pay feature.
- Under Pay by term, check the box(es) for the term(s) you would like to submit a payment for.
- In the corresponding box(es) on the right, enter the amount (in US dollars) you want to pay.
- Total balance for the corresponding term will display to the left of the amount box.
- Review and click Continue to proceed.
- The Payment Total is the sum entered for all terms on this screen.
f. Specify a payment method from the Method dropdown.
- Accepted payment types include credit, debit, or electronic check.
g. After specifying a payment method, enter required Account Information, such as the card or checking account number.
h. Next, fill in any additional information required.
- If you are making a payment by credit or debit card, this will include Name on card, Card expiration date, and billing information.
- Check the box under the Option to Save heading to retain the account information entered for future payments.
- You'll need to designate a name for the payment method in the text box provided.
- Click Continue to proceed to the payment Confirmation screen.
i. Confirm payment details and process payment.
- To receive an email receipt, enter your email address in the Confirmation Email text box.
- Click the Submit Payment button to complete the transaction.
j. The next screen will confirm a successful payment. Click the Print button to obtain a paper copy of this receipt.
k. Check your account in Workday to view updated balances/transaction history.