Need Help?

Skip to Content

CCA Portal


Student Insurance Plan

Last updated on Feb 27, 2024

Medical or Mental Health Emergencies

  • Call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room 

Urgent, Non-Emergency Mental Health Concerns

  • Call CCA's mental health crisis hotline number: 415.551-9344 (available 24/7)

Campus-Related Emergencies

For additional information, please visit Medical Emergencies


Per CCA policy, all students who are registered for courses at full-time status (12 or more units per term for undergraduate students; 9 or more units per term for graduate students) are automatically charged for and enrolled in the CCA student insurance plan unless they submit an approved insurance waiver that meets all of CCA's minimum requirements, by the established deadline​ - which is typically aligned with the end of the Add/Drop period.​

For additional information - including exceptions for part-time students & students on an approved leave of absence (for medical reasons) - please refer to Student Insurance Requirement & Eligibility Policy.

What’s Included?

  1. One Medical Membership (healthcare provider)
  2. Health Insurance
  3. Dental and Vision Insurance

Coverage Dates

  • Fall: August 1 - December 31
  • Spring/Summer: January 1 - July 31
  • Summer (MFA in Comics students only): June 1 - July 31
  • Note: Special one month summer coverage options are also available for Pre-College students and MDes students in the final month of their program. Please contact for more information.

Learn About Health Insurance

Special Deals for Students on the CCA Student Insurance Plan

Students Registered Less than Full-Time

Although eligibility for the CCA student insurance plan is limited to full-time students, certain exceptions apply.

For more information, please refer to the Student Insurance Requirement & Eligibility Policy.

Otherwise, part-time students are encouraged to see what options are available via Covered California or the insurance marketplace.

Continued Insurance Coverage for Alumni and Graduating Students

Alumni and graduating students are not eligible to purchase additional coverage after their full-time registration status ends. (Note: fall coverage ends on December 31st; spring/summer coverage ends on July 31st - even for students completing degree requirements in May.)

For more information, please refer to the Student Insurance Requirement & Eligibility Policy.

To review/confirm your enrollment or waiver status, please visit to log into your student account.


Appointed Guardians

  • California College of the Arts cannot act in the place of the parent or guardian for minors.
  • If you are under the age of 18, you are required to have your parent/guardian submit a signed statement to California College of the Arts designating the person(s) who will serve as your appointed guardian.

Urgent Medical Treatment

  • In the event of a personal emergency, accident, or illness, the State of California will require the signature of a guardian before medical care can be obtained.
  • If you are under the age of 18, you should provide a signed authorization form granting CCA the ability to consent to medical treatment in urgent situations when your parents/guardians cannot be reached.

One Medical

  • One Medical‘s policy is that minors may be able to consent to their care without a parent or guardian present depending on the nature of their concern.
  • If a minor arrives without a parent or guardian, the provider will determine if consent is needed.
  • If both the minor and the parent agree to it, parents/guardians may fill out a consent form to remain on file in the minor's account.

Contact Information

One Medical


  • Health Insurance
  • Dental Insurance
    • 877.238.6200
  • Vision Insurance
    • 877.973.3238

JCB Insurance Solutions

CCA Counseling & Psychological Services

Student Insurance Services

NOTE: The Student Insurance Plan does not include Personal Property Insurance

CCA recognizes the importance of ensuring the safety of personal property. While CCA does not cover students' lost, stolen, or damaged property, we strongly urge all students and their families to contact their insurance agents, check their homeowner's policies, and/or to consider purchasing personal property insurance.

For more information, please visit: