CCA Student Health Insurance Plan
- Announcement: 2020/2021 insurance fees are updated on the portal site. Fall 2020 insurance waiver will be live starting June 23, 2020 through September 9, 2020
COVID-19 updates for students enrolled in the college's insurance plan:
For students not enrolled in the college's insurance plan, please contact your personal health care provider for guidance on COVID-19 testing based on your health insurance coverage, by calling the number on your medical ID card.
Update (5/28/20) from Aetna regarding benefits and COVID-19. The following benefit “liberalizations” will remain in place until the noted dates:
- Extend cost sharing waiver for Inpatient Treatment related to COVID-19 through 9/30/20*
- Waive early refill limits on 30-day prescription maintenance medications through 9/30/20*
- Continue to encourage 90-day maintenance medication prescriptions offering to Aetna-insured commercial and Medicare members through 9/30/20*
- Extend cost sharing waiver for in-network Telemedicine for outpatient behavioral and mental health counseling services through 9/30/20*
Effective immediately, Aetna members will have access to the following resources:
- Aetna will waive co-pays for all diagnostic testing related to COVID-19. This policy will cover the test kit for patients who meet CDC guidelines for testing, which can be done in any approved laboratory location. Aetna will waive the member costs associated with diagnostic testing at any authorized location. Student can call Aetna Student Support: 1-877-480-4161 for on-phone support or Aetna Advice line at 1-800-556-1555.
- For the next 90 days (March 11, 2020) , Aetna will offer zero co-pay telemedicine visits – for any reason. Aetna members should use telemedicine as their first line of defense in order to limit potential exposure in physician offices. Cost sharing will be waived for all video visits through the CVS MinuteClinic app, Aetna-covered Teladoc® offerings and in-network providers delivering synchronous virtual care (live video-conferencing).
- For CCA students enrolled in the college's student health insurance plan with Aetna (print out your medical ID card), any preventative care immunizations performed in a facility or at a physician's office that is within the Aetna network and One Medical is covered 100% (of the negotiated charge) per visit. No copayment or policy year deductible applies. If a student visits an out-of-network provider, it is covered 50% (of the recognized charge) per visit.
- For CCA students enrolled in the college's insurance plan are highly encouraged to sign up for the One Medical membership (by using the school code CCAXOM) to expand their healthcare network and access a One Medical doctor or facility. One Medical also offers virtual care and same day or next day appointments. In accordance with the latest CDC guidance, One Medical will consider ordering coronavirus testing for patients who have significant symptoms (fever and cough or shortness of breath) and/or who’ve had close contact (<6 ft) with someone known to have COVID-19. Anyone in this group should contact One Medical's 24/7 virtual care team promptly so they can help arrange the appropriate next steps.
Information and updates from the college regarding COVID-19 can be found here on the portal. Student health insurance related questions, please email email@example.com.
Aetna PPO Plan
CCA student health insurance is through an Aetna PPO plan, giving students access to a network of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and specialists throughout the Bay Area and nationwide. PPO stands for "preferred provider organization" network where you choose your in-network medical provider. The coverage will begin on August 1st - July 31st annually. The cost of the plan is $1,580.09 for Fall 2020 (8/1/20-12/31/20) and $2,159.14 for Spring/Summer 2021 (1/1/21-7/31/21). The waiver deadline for Fall 2020 is Wednesday, September 9, 2020. The waiver deadline for Spring 2021 is Tuesday, January 26, 2021.
- Full-time students who do not submit an online insurance waiver by the established deadline will be automatically enrolled in the Aetna PPO plan and the One Medical membership.
- All Aetna enrolled students must print out their Aetna Medical ID card each semester. Aetna ID cards will be available to print beginning August 1st for Fall, and January 1st for Spring.
- Undergraduate students registered for fewer than 12 units (and graduate students taking less than 9 units/term) are ineligible for the Aetna student health plan. Students are encouraged to see what options are available on the insurance marketplace.
If you have specific questions about Aetna benefits, you may call Aetna Student Support directly to speak with an Aetna representative:
- Call Aetna Student Support at 1-877-480-4161
- Dial "0" to skip to speak with an Aetna representative
- Call before 3:00pm (PST)
How to find a doctor within the Aetna PPO network, please visit : Aetna Student Health / CCA or call Aetna Student Support.
24 hour Aetna Advice Nurse (1-800-556-1555)
Anthem Dental and Vision (for students enrolled in the Aetna plan)
Coming soon.........Anthem Dental and Vision benefits for CCA students enrolled in the student health insurance plan for Fall 2020 and Spring/Summer 2021.
One Medical Membership
Enrolled Aetna students are strongly encouraged to sign up for the One Medical Membership to expand their healthcare network. One Medical provides high-quality, patient-centered primary care services with same-day/next-day appointments and has office locations in the Bay Area and nationwide. One Medical accepts the CCA Aetna PPO plan as well as many other national insurers. Students also have access to 24/7/365 virtual care by phone, email, and video conference, a mobile app for appointment scheduling and prescription refills, personal health coaching, and referrals to a network of specialists. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to retrieve the school code to sign up.
Continued Health Care for Graduating Students
Graduating students are encouraged to see what options are available on the insurance marketplace after their coverage date ends.