Design: Design Division
The Design Division at California College of the Arts is a sanctuary for creative risk-taking, where wonder and imagination are amplified through rigor and craft.
We equip makers, thinkers and doers with the wherewithal to envision alternative futures, and the creative capacity to deliver inspired, generative solutions. CCA advances contemporary practice and the self-realization of the designer as a dynamic agent of cultural, social and ecological change, while providing strategic access to specialized resources and deep professional networks. We do so through formal preparation in the art of design, in systems thinking, problematization, storytelling, experimentation and business strategy, all nurtured by the boundlessness, technological leadership and non-conformity particularly characteristic of Bay Area culture.
Events and Exhibitions
- Design Lecture Series
- All Upcoming Design Events
- Spring 2023 End of Year Exhibition and Reception
- Future Resonance Exhibition presented by Studio Forward at YBCA
- Design Lecture Series Archive
- Archive of Events
- Work by Graduating Design Students
News and Media
- BFA in Fashion Design
- BFA in Furniture
- NEW! BFA in Furniture with a minor in Industrial Design
- BFA in Graphic Design
- BFA in Illustration
- BFA in Industrial Design
- NEW! BFA in Industrial Design with a minor in Furniture
- BFA in Interaction Design
Learn more about CCA's five undergraduate minors: Ecological Practices, Computational Practices, Social Practice, and Community Engagement, History of Art and Visual Culture, and Writing and Literature.
Header Image Credit:
Artwork: "Skool" by Michael Kang (BFA Illustration)
Typeface Design: "Condensed Milk" by Donnah Perez (BFA Graphic Design)