Founders Hall opened in Fall 2020 and is home to CCA’s first and second-year resident students as well as upper-division residents and graduates. Residents have the opportunity to receive special pricing signing up to live year-round.
Founders Hall features red gridwork that frames the new Makers Cafe on the ground-level where students can use their meal plan. Above, four floors are connected by an open-air indoor courtyard, common spaces, and corridors with student rooms on either side. The compact and efficient rooms come with storage, beds, and desks, as well as a separate sink, toilet, and shower stall to minimize morning traffic while students get ready for class. The top floor has private studios and private rooms in shared suites for upper-division students, accompanied by an outdoor terrace deck overlooking San Francisco’s iconic skyline.
Floors 1-4 feature efficient units primarily consisting of double studios with some corner suite options as well. Units on these floors do not have any kitchenette, and require the Essential Level Meal plan.
First and Second Years (Floors 1-4)
- Double Studio (312 Sq Ft) 2 person studio with shared bathroom
Second Year Priority (Floors 1-4)
- 3 Bedroom Suite (630 Sq Ft) 3 person unit with three private rooms each with one bed, and a shared bathroom
- 4 Bedroom Suite (630 Sq Ft) 4 person unit with four private rooms each with one bed, and a shared bathroom
- 2 Bedroom Suite (630 Sq Ft) a Unique unit that has 1 single room, and 1 double room, with a shared bathroom (only 1 unit in building)
- Private Small Studio (281 Sq Ft) 1 person studio with bathroom and kitchenette with microwave and sink only (no cooktop), (only 3 units in building)
Graduate, Upper Division and Second Year Priority (Floor 5)
All units have kitchenettes and require the Makers Level meal plan. Upper division and graduates are given priority, but second year students may also apply.
- Private Studio w/ Kitchenette (312 Sq Ft) 1 person studio with kitchen and private bathroom
- 3 Bedroom Suite w/ Kitchenette (630 Sq Ft) 3 person unit with three private rooms, each with one bed, a shared kitchen and bathroom
- Private Small Studio w/ Kitchenette (281 Sq Ft) 1 person studio with bathroom and kitchen, (only 3 units)
Kitchenette Details (Floor 5 only)
- Two Burner Cooktop
- Please note there is no cabinetry in the kitchenette space, but ample room for you to provide your own small storage shelving of your choice
Furniture: All units
- XL twin mattress and frame
- Tall wardrobe with a pull out desk and chair
- Mini fridge
Amenities (All Units)
- Environmentally sustainable design
- Furnished units with natural light
- Ground-floor cafe and convenience store where students can use their meal plan
- Common areas on every floor built with multi-purpose functionality in mind
- Central courtyard for outdoor dining
- On-site laundry facilities and package lockers (with Smart Phone App notifications)
- Front desk security
- Indoor secure bike parking
- Across the street from CCA's main academic building, and directly next-door to the First Year studios
- 2 blocks to Jackson Park’s tennis and basketball courts, baseball fields, and picnic tables
- Close to multiple gyms as well as a CrossFit facility
- Located in the heart of the “DoReMi” design and arts district, home to many galleries, alternative art spaces, and museums, including CCA’s very own Wattis Institute for Contemporary Arts
- Adjacent to Dogpatch, a vibrant arts community to the southeast of CCA campus, features Workshop Residence, Minnesota Street Project, and CCA’s MFA studio spaces
- CCA Intercampus Shuttle provides frequent service to and from the Oakland campus
- Mission Bay Shuttle provides service to and from Civic Center Bart station during peak commute hours
- An easily accessible bike share station is located at the corner of 8th and Irwin, check out CCA Bay Wheels discounts (on monthly and annual memberships)
- Plenty of indoor, secure bike parking if you prefer to have your own bike on campus
- Public transit provides convenient Muni routes including the 22-Fillmore, 10-Townsend, and 55-Dogpatch which services the MFA Studios on third Street, as well as the 16th Street BART Station.
- MFA studios in Dogpatch are a 15-minute bike ride, 30 minute walk.
Floorplans and Renderings
These floorplans are representative of the majority of units. There may be slight variances in your assigned unit, to accommodate access and disability needs. Variances may include, but are not limited to: a shower where a tub is shown, arrangement of furniture, etc.
If you have an access or disability accommodation request please submit your request with the Access and Disability Services office as soon as possible. Starting the intake process early on will help college staff identify the best room type for you.